My 8320 has the 4.5.0.81 installed currently, and I was thinking of installing one of ... RIM Handheld OS forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Does OS version update require memory card format?

Advertisement

My 8320 has the 4.5.0.81 installed currently, and I was thinking of installing one of the later versions. I will remove the memory card before installing the new OS. In the past, when going from a 4.2 to a 4.5, it was advisable to reformat the memory card via the 4.5 OS.

But is this necessary/important when going from one 4.5 version to another? I ask because I was planning to load the card with media. If I have to reformat, then I'd rather do the upgrade first.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I've never had to re format the media card before. I have always been able to insert the card after the upgrade and have it work just fine. I suppose if you run into issues after the upgrade you could format to see if it fixes the problems. I opt for keeping and only re format it when needed.

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cool - thanks for the fast answer!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    No is not necessary...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Its not necessary to format the sd card, however I would remove the card while upgrading the OS. And make a backup of the files on the card before you put the card back in after the upgrade.some people have reported problems after an upgrade.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~