I am an Alltel customer . I have a spare 8830 (from my Verizon Wireless ... RIM Handheld OS forum

MrRadioActive no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    301A9557

Question OS Reload - Boot Logo - Reg ID ?'s

Advertisement

I am an Alltel customer . I have a spare 8830 (from my Verizon Wireless account now ported) that I want to activate for my wife. I'm pretty savy in manipulating the software around and have flashed the unit with the Alltel software that I downloaded from the OS Links provided in this forum. However when I went to activate the BB, Alltel could not get the data side to work. I get 1x service only and I should be getting 1XEV service accoring to Alltel . Voice works fine inbound calling and outbound calling - No Data. I suspect that this has to do with the PIN number being tied to my old Verizon account (in good-standing) but the Alltel rep could not tell me more than the PIN looks clear in BlackBerry's systems and that it was nothing that he could see with the unit. When I told him the situation he thought it might have been the Registration ID on the unit itself but since then I have been able to modiy that number. When I try to register the unit for the Blackberry Internet I get the following message:

"This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider."

I get that both on the Alltel registration page and the Verizon Wireles registration page. Originally in the programming sequence under #+#+000000+SEND the BlackBerry Registraion ID was 2004 and I was able to mirror what is on my other unit which is 144, only after wiping the OS and reloading it. I was hoping that would fix the problem but it did not.

Does anyone have any ideas why this unit works fine on voice but will nto work on the Data side?

Also, how do I change the splash screen on boot up? It still says Verizon Wireless and I'd like it to say Alltel. Is that what the Vendor.*** file is for? I'm looking for some help here from my forum friends.

Thanks in advance.

BlackBerry PIN: 301A0798
    ESN: 4CD946D4
    IMEI: 355771.01.089201.0
    Registrations ID (from prigramming): 144
    No registered with the blackberry internet service currently but was through Verizon Wireless.

Does anyone have any ideas??????????

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: OS Reload - Boot Logo - Reg ID ?'s

The splash screen cannot be changed. sorry.

It is hardwired into the phone itself. Has nothing to do with the OS.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: OS Reload - Boot Logo - Reg ID ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadioActive View Post
    I am an Alltel customer . I have a spare 8830 (from my Verizon Wireless account now ported) that I want to activate for my wife. I'm pretty savy in manipulating the software around and have flashed the unit with the Alltel software that I downloaded from the OS Links provided in this forum. However when I went to activate the BB, Alltel could not get the data side to work. I get 1x service only and I should be getting 1XEV service accoring to Alltel . Voice works fine inbound calling and outbound calling - No Data. I suspect that this has to do with the PIN number being tied to my old Verizon account (in good-standing) but the Alltel rep could not tell me more than the PIN looks clear in BlackBerry's systems and that it was nothing that he could see with the unit. When I told him the situation he thought it might have been the Registration ID on the unit itself but since then I have been able to modiy that number. When I try to register the unit for the Blackberry Internet I get the following message:

"This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider."

I get that both on the Alltel registration page and the Verizon Wireles registration page. Originally in the programming sequence under #+#+000000+SEND the BlackBerry Registraion ID was 2004 and I was able to mirror what is on my other unit which is 144, only after wiping the OS and reloading it. I was hoping that would fix the problem but it did not.

Does anyone have any ideas why this unit works fine on voice but will nto work on the Data side?

Also, how do I change the splash screen on boot up? It still says Verizon Wireless and I'd like it to say Alltel. Is that what the Vendor.*** file is for? I'm looking for some help here from my forum friends.

Thanks in advance.

BlackBerry PIN: 301A0798
    ESN: 4CD946D4
    IMEI: 355771.01.089201.0
    Registrations ID (from prigramming): 144
    No registered with the blackberry internet service currently but was through Verizon Wireless.

Does anyone have any ideas??????????
    It looks like you answered the reason why bolded above in your op. You should confirm that the device was ported for sure from Verizon because if it was you would be getting data and would not be getting that error msg.

As red says, it is not possible at all to change the splash screen.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

clive48 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Guys
    I had teh same issue with my Sprint 8830 WE. My PIN was with Sprint & I was using it in a diff country & getting the same error message.

1. I called up sprint Cust service - choose option 4-4 - BB Tech support. Explained to him that i want to delete my BIS account with sprint & gave him my ESN (In Decimal) & PIN (In hex). The guy deleted my account immediately & next day I was able to register for BIS with my GSM op. So try this at Verizon Cust care. BTW, U can try registering wth GSM. It should register once ur pin is deleted by verizon.

2. About Boot screen, someone has posted a solution of .sfi files replacement. AM not sure if that helps as my oprerator file is not yet posted.

Hope this helps