Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I used Cmdr to wipe my phone. got the 507 error now. sweet! I ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jsweetser2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EC7CA

507, now computer does not recognize

Advertisement

Ok,

I used Cmdr to wipe my phone. got the 507 error now. sweet!
    I downloaded and installed the newest 8320 OS onto my computer.

Now i connect my phone and neither the apploader nor the Manager software is recognizing it, even if i manually tell it "LOOK AT THIS PORT!" My computer also doesn't 'ding' when i connect it.

So i'm completely stuck. I have to get my phone going tonight or i'm doomed tomorrow.
    Last edited by jsweetser2; 02-09-2009 at 10:48 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    After downloading the file did you run it and install it to your PC?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsweetser2 View Post
    Ok,

Where is it located?
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

brianfish18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have tried a lot of different things but I still can't get my computer (driver software) or my desktop manager to recognize my device. I have the white screen with the 513 error after password attempt failure...........

I have followed the forum on what to do if the device isnt recognized....when I got to options connection settings, under connection I only have the option of usb or com3 (nothing with a usb pin) and when I manual hit detect, no device found. Does anyone have any other advice?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by brianfish18 View Post
    I have tried a lot of different things but I still can't get my computer (driver software) or my desktop manager to recognize my device. I have the white screen with the 513 error after password attempt failure...........

I have followed the forum on what to do if the device isnt recognized....when I got to options connection settings, under connection I only have the option of usb or com3 (nothing with a usb pin) and when I manual hit detect, no device found. Does anyone have any other advice?
    What DM are you using?

PIN/ID
    241EC7CA
    ...when I got to options connection settings, under connection I only have the option of usb or com3 (nothing with a usb pin) and when I manual hit detect, no device found. Does anyone have any other advice?
    Same thing. it's showing the pin and still not activating the port.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB's are alot of fun huh? I remember my first couple of weeks learning the programming sequence. You will get the hang of it soon.

First you need Desktop Manager loaded on your PC.
    Don't start Desktop Manager yet, Don't plug in your phone yet.
    Second try and search for the file you located , did you use firefox? If you did just hit ctrl j OR go to top of search bar under tools and look for downloads and you will find your file there.

Once your file is located go ahead and run it. After its done just goto c: program files,common files,research in motion,app loader.

Once in apploader find the vendor xml and just delete it. Delete only the vendor xml file. close out and save if it asks.

Open desktop manager and let it finish opening. Plug in your phone and it should pick up the new os and ask to load it to your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    What DM are you using?
    4.3..........ive downloaded the device software a few times too. the only thing im a little confused about is deleting the vendor.xml I couldnt find that anywhere under program files, rim etc

Also, not sure if it helps but if I plug in my 8830 without the battery and then try to do it that way, the white screen error 513 never comes up. i have to dc it and then put the battery back in for the white screen to come up.

REALLY open to any suggestions here, i need my phone

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    In my experience it is better to connect before opening desktop manager. Very good run down jpl.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    4.3..........ive downloaded the device software a few times too. the only thing im a little confused about is deleting the vendor.xml I couldnt find that anywhere under program files, rim etc

Also, not sure if it helps but if I plug in my 8830 without the battery and then try to do it that way, the white screen error 513 never comes up. i have to dc it and then put the battery back in for the white screen to come up.

REALLY open to any suggestions here, i need my phone
    Ok verify that you only have one OS installed to your PC by going to add/remove programs in your start menu (programs and features on Vista). Also I would move up to 4.5 or 4.6 for your desktop manager.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Ok verify that you only have one OS installed to your PC by going to add/remove programs in your start menu (programs and features on Vista). Also I would move up to 4.5 or 4.6 for your desktop manager.

Ok Thanks to JPL i did finally find the vendor.xml file and delete it.

Im currently uninstalling my DM and will download a newer version 4.5 or 4.6......

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, see all the answers you need for your little blackberry's are right here on Pinstack.com

PIN/ID
    241EC7CA
    GOT IT!

SOmetimes when everything LOOKS like it should work right, and it's not - break something.

I restarted my computer to reset all my USB ports and viola, the apploader recognized it. installing the new OS now.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Also, everytime I plug my BB in to my usb cord, it prompts me to install the device (Found new hardware) driver software but then it fails to install........

so maybe the dm isnt recognizing it because it fails to install the driver software everytime. I get:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it Not enough storage is available to process this command

champneyj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A4E4AD
    I've done these step with other blackberries, and alot of my friends and family thinks that I'm a wiz at fixing dead blackberries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast