hey guys, i was given a blackberry 7290 from a friend of mine since he ... RIM Handheld OS forum

reddog180 no está en línea Stack level 1

os install prob helpppp

Advertisement

hey guys,

i was given a blackberry 7290 from a friend of mine since he got a new one a while ago and had no need for it. 1 problem is that he didnt know theunlock password..he then tried 10 times and got the blackberry to erase all of its info on it. i am now trying to install the os on it and i cant. i plug it in it detecs the blackberry and USB-pin then i open up DM and i drag in the software from tmobile which is where its locked to and it just says error - no additional applications were found. i am trying to install the blackberry.alx file.. i belive that the os but i am not sure. if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE HELP!

- chris

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: os install prob helpppp

Hi reddog180,

Try downloading the handheld os software to your pc. Install the os onto your computer. Re-boot your computer (since i don't know which ver of Win u have) and then connect your handheld to the pc again. Open the Desktop manager and i think it will then prompt you to install the software.
    I think? hopefully another stacker will venture in and add to my post.

reddog180 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: os install prob helpppp

i love u. it worked. thanks