I download the newest OS for my curve and install it on my computer, delete ... RIM Handheld OS forum

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3

OS Install HELP

Advertisement

I download the newest OS for my curve and install it on my computer, delete the vendor file. But when I hook my bb to my computer and open desktop manager it doesn't recongize the new upgrade.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by thagame911 View Post
    I download the newest OS for my curve and install it on my computer, delete the vendor file. But when I hook my bb to my computer and open desktop manager it doesn't recognize the new upgrade.
    Hi. First make sure that the desktop manager shows connected at the top left and if it does : Double click the application loader icon, click next, click next, click advanced, check erase all currently installed apps, auto back up and restore, finish. Hope it helps.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by thagame911 View Post
    I download the newest OS for my curve and install it on my computer, delete the vendor file. But when I hook my bb to my computer and open desktop manager it doesn't recongize the new upgrade.
    Two questions:
    1- Did you uninstall the older version of the OS first? If both OS's reside on the same PC the DM will default to the currently installed OS

2- You did verify that the OS you downloaded was newer than the one you have correct? (Just checking all possibilities) Options > About

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Hi. First make sure that the desktop manager shows connected at the top left and if it does : Double click the application loader icon, click next, click next, click advanced, check erase all currently installed apps, auto back up and restore, finish. Hope it helps.
    Tried that and it's still not working.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    #1 on doughdaddy's post...did you have any other OS installed on the PC and if so, did you uninstall it via control panel>add/remove programs?

Lol I feel so dumb right now. I was downloading the OS for 8300 instead of 8320. Got the right one and it worked. Thanks for everybody's help.