EDIT: Oh yeah and I have a Curve 8310 with the ATT network Ok let ... RIM Handheld OS forum

MYSTIC~WING no está en línea Stack level 1

OS Help please!!!!!

Advertisement

EDIT: Oh yeah and I have a Curve 8310 with the ATT network

Ok let me explain my long aggravting process with this....

I wanted to make more room on my BB so I could get more themes and a couple of more apps so I was trying to delete the starter themes it came with like BB Today, BB Zen, ATT, etc., etc. and by also deleting all of those annoying like "buy this" programs it comes with like Shop games, Shop Tones, etc., etc. so I think I read some where you could only do it when updating you BB to the newset OS software so I said "ok sure why not wouldnt hurt to update my OS" so when I did I updated it it took FOREVER and I mean FOREVER like it would have the little bar saying earsing eveything, then it would putting it back, then say erase, and then put it back, etc., etc. so after like 2 Hours of waiting there I finally just hit the cancel button then after waiting another 1 hour and half on it to cancel (and it was just stay on the same proccess it wasnt going on, but it wasnt frozen cause i still could move my mouse and everything) i just turned off my computer and un plugged my BB. Then I waited for my phone to load back up which always takes forever and when it did I saw I had my ATT theme on () and that it was updated to 4.5 OS.

Now I am not sure if its like fully updated because I was waiting so long for it to update and I just unplugged it like that. But I dont like it as much as I thought I would because it like clashes with my themes like I have an iphone theme on and when I go to my messages it would show the messages as if it was on my ATT theme. and yes I tried that whole " messages>options>malibox setting>theme controlled " thing. So if ANYBODY could help me like kinda soon I would really appreciate it!!!

1) So now I am wondering if it is fully updated.
    2) How to get my old OS back!! ( I think it was 4.2 im pretty sure)

((Im not that techinal so if you can please kinda keep it simple like easier words that would help thanks!!))
    Last edited by MYSTIC~WING; 12-24-2008 at 02:11 PM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can get the old OS back by doing the same thing you did to get the new one. Uninstall the new OS from your PC and download and install the old one. Once connected it should ask you if you want to downgrade.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well i've never heard of a berry half updated. I'm guessing if the software was not loaded properly the phone would not turn on, reboot continuously etc. On the home screen hold down the ALT key and type EACE and look at the OS version. That should tell you for sure.

As for downgrading (Why?) you can find the 4.2 on the blackberry site 'downloads' section.

EDIT: No matter how hard i try ModernCowboy always beats me!! jk

oh ok ill try and i didnt like really unistall the OS or desktop manger before doing any of this

Idk i just dont like the way the new OS operates on my beaten up curve

ok thanks so much guys ill give it a try and post back in a min.

oh and another question can i stil like take videos on the old 4.2?!? and is there like any way i could change a theme i have now to work with 4.5 if the theme is 4.2?!? thanks alot i really appreciate it guys!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    As for downgrading (Why?) you can find the 4.2 on the blackberry site 'downloads' section.

EDIT: No matter how hard i try ModernCowboy always beats me!! jk
    Look at it this way. As long as we are basicly giving the same answer its all good.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTIC~WING View Post
    oh and another question can i stil like take videos on the old 4.2?!? and is there like any way i could change a theme i have now to work with 4.5 if the theme is 4.2?!? thanks alot i really appreciate it guys!
    If its a theme made here you might be able to talk the builder into making it 4.5. As far as the video I am thinking you have to have 4.5 loaded.

I would suggest maybe trying to reload the 4.5 and not disconnecting no matter how long it takes.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    If its a theme made here you might be able to talk the builder into making it 4.5. As far as the video I am thinking you have to have 4.5 loaded.

I would suggest maybe trying to reload the 4.5 and not disconnecting no matter how long it takes.
    To add to this. The desktop manager can be quite deceptive during an OS update. The during final 'connecting to device' bar to BB doesn't need to be connected to the PC the bar with gives you an ETA on when the phone will reboot. I find the apploader much more efficient. To find the apploader; C Drive/program files/common files/ the apploader is the icon with the phone. Remember when the apploader is finished the berry will have the spinning hour glass for 20-30 more minutes.