This is more an observation than a question that I hope will help some who ... RIM Handheld OS forum

j2bbdev no está en línea Stack level 1

os 4.5 and sdhc support

Advertisement

This is more an observation than a question that I hope will help some who have experienced the same problem . I recently upgraded to an 8gb sdhc media card on my 8320 running 4.5.0.69 and had problems with the device freezing. Performance also appeared to be sluggish for the short period the device was operational before locking up. After troubleshooting for some time, I determined that the problem was not the device or the media card. The problem was the number of files on the media card.

So for those who are experiencing the same issue, check the total number of files you have stored on the card. My guess is there is some upper limit where the device will lose stability even if you have a significant amount of file space left on the media card. I have no idea what this limit is. But if you are having problems, try incrementally adding your files in groups to see if this solves it.

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just a reminder for all (from experience), you need to re-format the media when upgrading to OS 4.5+. If not, you may experience freezing and/or rebooting of the device.

j2bbdev I'm sure you've already taken this step.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    ok does anyone no what is the biggest card you can use in os 4.5 i want to get a couple of 16gig cards for my two 8310 curves. i am running a 8gig in the gf 8310 but she wants 16gig

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    ok does anyone no what is the biggest card you can use in os 4.5 i want to get a couple of 16gig cards for my two 8310 curves. i am running a 8gig in the gf 8310 but she wants 16gig
    Sorry to inform you of this, but the 16 gig is not supported with the OS 4.5.0.69. It only supports the 8 gig card currently.

I am waiting on the Bold so it will support the 16gig card and higher!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    We were told by an AT&T rep that anything above 4.3 would support up to 32gb.

I know there are no 32gb cards out yet, but have you found 16gb cards?

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    yes there are 32 gig cards out and yes there are 16 gig cards out also they are both at newegg.com the 16gig are only 50bucks but can anyone confirm that a 16 gig card will or will not work

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    yes there are 32 gig cards out and yes there are 16 gig cards out also they are both at newegg.com the 16gig are only 50bucks but can anyone confirm that a 16 gig card will or will not work
    RSCStacker will likely be on later. He's the one who mentioned the capacity and should be able to verify that, unless someone else can do that for iron.

You know you can just get one and try, too!

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    thanks let me be the ginny pig. the only bad thing is if it doesnt work yes i can use it for my camera but damn my 4 gig card already holds like 1100 pictures set on almost the best setting. but on the other hand i guess if you get the usb adapter you could use it as another jump drive.

bobbo7915 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435AF29
    im sorry but the largest micro sdhc that i have been able to find is 8gb, newegg.com does not have 16gb micro sdhc cards, they do have 16gb and 32 gb full size sdhc cards. your 8310 takes a micro sdhc card, not the full size sdhc card.......

edit: i guess Sandisk has announced in Jan. 08 that they were releasing 12gb and 16gb micro sdhc cards in June of '08...isn't it August????
    Last edited by bobbo7915; 08-28-2008 at 10:01 PM.

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    i thought this was a micro it looks like it. sorry good thing i didnt order yet

bobbo7915 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435AF29
    i would post a picture but i cant yet.....

that is a FULL SIZE SDHC card, a micro sdhc is tiny compared to that.