Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, I've just upgraded my 8310 to OS 4.5. There's a couple of extra ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

OS 4.5 & Docs 2 Go.

Advertisement

Hi all,

I've just upgraded my 8310 to OS 4.5. There's a couple of extra features like the video camera nd voice notes which are quite handy.

But I read that included in 4.5 is the 'Documents to Go' application. But it's just not there.

Can anyone advise if I'm missing something?

Thank You.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    did u check desktop manager->application loader? mine came with it. i dont remember having to do something to install it.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1108 View Post
    Hi all,

I've just upgraded my 8310 to OS 4.5. There's a couple of extra features like the video camera nd voice notes which are quite handy.

But I read that included in 4.5 is the 'Documents to Go' application. But it's just not there.

Can anyone advise if I'm missing something?

Thank You.
    When you step through the install process, the DM shows you what is it about to install or update. Each one has a check box. When installing 4.5 the Docs to Go box is not checked. Hook back up to the DM, run app loader and check that box. Finish the install and it should be loaded for you.

hjs
    hjs no está en línea Stack level 1
    After you have installed it you can also use the Check for update feature and download the 1.002 version from Dataviz' website. It includes Sheets To Go which is not included in the package shipped with the OS.

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks, I did that already, and it's given me the sheets to go.

Now that i've got all the apps, how do i actually open anything with the Word app? If i've got a Word doc as an attachment in an email, how can I view it with Word to go?

And I've noticed, to actually create a new doc, I'll need to pay for the Premium edition, oh well, not all things are free, eh!?

hjs
    hjs no está en línea Stack level 1
    From what I have read you need the latest BES software to be able to save and open attachments. Otherwise you can copy it over from your desktop to the BB and open it up like that.

frazzel001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi I have done the upgrade but is anybody else missing the facebook aplication? I have tried to reinstall it from rim webiste but no joy is there any other way to get it?

cheers in advance

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Hey, I found out a couple of things with Docs to go. I created a blank word doc and put it on my mem card. Then I opened it in Dtg and was able to edit it and save it! Just remember to "save as" so you still have your blank one for another document. I haven't tried yet with excel or pp.

Also, I emailed it to myself, and after downloading the attatchment, I got options to either view or edit with dtg. You could probably open it for editing and "save as" again to keep it for future reference.
    This method doesn't include spell check, but it's a pretty good way to make and edit docs on the fly! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I just tried with excel, and it works too! One thing I forgot in my previous post is that when you open your blank file, hit the blackberry button and scroll down to "edit mode". ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

md79 no está en línea Stack level 1

OS 4.5 Docs to go 8300 AT&T

delete
    Last edited by md79; 07-24-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Problem solved in another forum

ewvarn no está en línea Stack level 2
    I upgraded my DTG as described above, however, I tried adding a custom theme I created through the App Loader and I noticed it wants to downgrade my DTG back to the version that came with the OS. Is there any way to prevent this so I can continue to add my own themes? Is it possible to uninstall the OS from my PC without any ill effects with regard to adding things through the App Loader?

cjennin2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ewvarn View Post
    I upgraded my DTG as described above, however, I tried adding a custom theme I created through the App Loader and I noticed it wants to downgrade my DTG back to the version that came with the OS. Is there any way to prevent this so I can continue to add my own themes? Is it possible to uninstall the OS from my PC without any ill effects with regard to adding things through the App Loader?
    I just posted a similar problem in the 87xx forum...did the same thing to me. App Loader forced me to uninstall Sheets To Go when I added a custom theme. Not cool especially since it took a while to dl the update OTA.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I already posted the solution to your problem in the thread you started. This will prevent the downgrade in the future
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com....php?t=81107#2

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by hjs View Post
    From what I have read you need the latest BES software to be able to save and open attachments. Otherwise you can copy it over from your desktop to the BB and open it up like that.
    Or BIS 2.5, which everyone should have.

rustym no está en línea Stack level 2
    Maybe you guys can help me here. When I first upgraded my Docs To Go, I had no problems at all. Yesterday I loaded a new app and did not realize that the DTG would be downgraded. It was, and so I went back to upgrade again but now I do not have the option unless I pay $69.

Was the upgrade for a limited time?

Thanks for any help!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast