View Poll Results: 8320 OS?

Voters
170. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Where is it?

125 73.53%
  • Don't care anymore.

45 26.47%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have been running the .42 on my tmo 8320 for over a week now ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jak
    jak no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I have been running the .42 on my tmo 8320 for over a week now and I have no problems to complain about. If you find it load.

krazygirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It sucks how we (tmo users) are ALWAYS last.......but at least it will be worth it. I could definitely do without the fried SIM.
    ~*krazy*~

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by krazygirl View Post
    It sucks how we (tmo users) are ALWAYS last.......but at least it will be worth it. I could definitely do without the fried SIM.
    Tmo aint always last. Who was the first to release the Pearl in the US? That was the reason I whitched from ATT/Cingular/ATT

ckien no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24218c21
    tell you all the truth...i have 8120 with 4.5 not really much of a difference besides video recording, it responds pretty slow sometimes and pretty sure other features are worth the wait. I'm not going to risk my 8320 to find out what bugs there are in the new software. let the dusk settle then i can dig in.

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    I'm waiting for 8300 on at&t.......

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by j llama View Post
    Still waiting 4.5 for the 8130 as well. I am fine waiting for bugs to be worked out also
    I'm still waiting for the new stable 4.5 for the 8300. There's no need to rush it as I use too many third party apps, and want everything to work perfectly. I have the newest version of every app I use, and get to use the Surreal theme, which believe it or not, makes the 8300 feel like an upgraded device. With that and the latest Opera and Google maps, I feel like I have the latest device out there.
    I'm patiently waiting for the Bold, which I'll have the second it comes out.

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I have been running the .42 on my tmo 8320 for over a week now and I have no problems to complain about. If you find it load.
    I fried an 8320 installing .42. Completely and totally stopped getting incoming data, and T-mob could not figure it out. And I was not alone. At least one other person had the same exact problem.

Be careful folks - install at your own risk. Most have NO problems with it, but the ones that do --- really do. And there's no fix.

Seriously Jak, I am totally jealous. Glad it's working so well on your phone!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i honestly don't think .42 was for real. i think it was just a fluke. i think someone just rewrote the software to read as a higher version. however don't forget that T-Mobile has the @home service and the myfaves which isn't supported on the other devices. i've been saying july/august since we've first got word of the 4.5 release. we will see though
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    i honestly don't think .42 was for real. i think it was just a fluke. i think someone just rewrote the software to read as a higher version.
    Interesting... Hmmm, hadn't thought of that.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~notice how all the other beta softwares and official release went up to .37 and how .42 works almost exactly like .18 I think it was the same thing just emulated to read differently. Software can be re written to say whatever the writer/hacker wants it to read.

jak
    jak no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey guys, I can not be the only one who got this to work. I definitly have V4.5.0.42 (platform 2.7.0.60) on my tmo 8320 for over a week now.

Before loading it I did take out my 2 gig micro card.
    And also the phone all on its own did a wipe and scrub. This took over 1.5 hours. (I thought I was in trouble but just left it alone).

I love this version

Some small problems that I noticed are, Sometimes when I leave my UMA @home it goes to no service until I close all connection the restart them.
    Problem two is It seems like there is a delay while using menus and sometimes I see an hour glass for a second or two.
    The delay may feel like it is slower then my older version but it is surfing faster.

The sound is not as load as the original version.
    These are minor issues to deal with, when I gain---

Video that I can email (very cool)
    My camera works perfect
    I can watch youtube
    Email are much easier to read
    google maps work realy fast.

Isn't that a kick in the pants? I was really trying to avoid a crappy OS load.

I am waiting for the real one, and/or the next BB with Qwerty on T-Mob. This has been a horrible week for me, having to upgrade/downgrade/wipe/install/wipe/install... I would not recommend a beta upgrade to anyone who doesn't have a lot of extra time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    hey guys, I can not be the only one who got this to work. I definitly have V4.5.0.42 (platform 2.7.0.60) on my tmo 8320 for over a week now.

You aren't alone - most are having good luck with it. But it's the few of us that aren't having luck that should concern people who are considering installation. It's just not worth it to me.

Still, jealous though.

muse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243FC6B2

Did You Even Use It Before Saying This?

i honestly don't think .42 was for real. i think it was just a fluke. i think someone just rewrote the software to read as a higher version. however don't forget that T-Mobile has the @home service and the myfaves which isn't supported on the other devices. i've been saying july/august since we've first got word of the 4.5 release. we will see though

its different and i doubt a hacker can put in the search feature on the start page or the memory cleaning option. take your conspiracy theories elsewhere...

TMOB 8320 4.5.0.42 no problems so far except i cant get on .mobile.blackberry.com

have no idea how to fix this...

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Lies! All Lies!!!

Im going to go sit in a corner and rock back and forth while clutching my phone and sucking my thumb...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast