Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey, so I just upgraded my OS but I forgot about removing the vendor file. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

totalbeluxe no está en línea Stack level 1

Os 4.5.0.55

Advertisement

Hey, so I just upgraded my OS but I forgot about removing the vendor file. What can I do about that?

stlouie65 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E389DF
    Quote Originally Posted by totalbeluxe View Post
    Hey, so I just upgraded my OS but I forgot about removing the vendor file. What can I do about that?
    Just delete the vendor file, reconnect your phone, and that should do the trick.

I deleted the file from my computer and reconnected my phone, but it didn't find anything to change. What sort of message am I looking for?

If I need to delete it from my phone, and this isn't done by deleting it from my computer as I thought, how do I so that?
    Last edited by totalbeluxe; 08-06-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Uninstall any previous OS you have installed on your PC.

Follow This thread for "how to" on upgrading.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Why do anything? If the vendor file was an issue, it wouldn't have let him do the upgrade in the first place, or, am I mistaken? When it's an issue, doesn't it stop the upgrade?

I guess I figured the vendor file was what was incapacitating my IM function.

But it doesn't appear to be. My Instant Messenger, after the upgrade to 4.5.0.55, does not see my phone as a Tmobile device any longer. Any clues?

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Did you get the OS 4.5.0.55 from the same place that provides you with the cell phone plan? I mean.. If you got your OS from tmonile and you are a tmonile blackberry customer I believe you are ok. From my understanding is that you delete the vendor if you are download your OS from a different company. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It was not a tmobile download.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Did you get the OS 4.5.0.55 from the same place that provides you with the cell phone plan? I mean.. If you got your OS from tmonile and you are a tmonile blackberry customer I believe you are ok. From my understanding is that you delete the vendor if you are download your OS from a different company. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    this leads me to my unanswered questions of...if the latest OS is available on the blackberry site but not the t-mobile site should i wait? would i have a problem if i download it from blackberry.com? is it that t-mobile is waiting for something or are they just behind on updating their site?

i'm still on the 4.2 using a pearl.

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the pearl with T-Mobile and my upgrade went fine.

Which begs the question, what went wrong with my upgrade that everything BUT the IM function works?

Which begs the question, what went wrong with my upgrade that everything BUT the IM function works?
    This is what I tried when upgrading....try taking the media card out and then upgrading to the new OS. Format the media card and put it back in the phone. After slowly start loading things back onto the card, it could be a file or a app that is making the phone restart or give an error. I tried seriously for a couple days trying to get my phone upgraded and acting right. It finally worked, I hope this works for you.

I don't use a media card. Nothing is causing my phone to restart though. When I load up my Instant Messenger application or Download Instant Messenger application, it just says the application is for a Tmobile device and that it won't work.

I don't use a media card. Nothing is causing my phone to restart though. When I load up my Instant Messenger application or Download Instant Messenger application, it just says the application is for a Tmobile device and that it won't work.
    Have you tried resending your service books? Or registering again for your hosting table?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm on tmo and all went well but I don't use the IM so I don't know whether it works or not I could try I guess if you thought it would help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast