Hey guys, I am pretty frustrated at the moment. I have a project assigned me ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

Question OS 4.1 vs Os 4.2.2

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I am pretty frustrated at the moment. I have a project assigned me to for work to list the differences in the two os versions 4.1 and 4.2.2. (Which is what the 8830 runs on) I know I have come across that exact information in these forums before...but after going on 2 hours of searching I am still unable to find a comprehensive list of the differences. Does anyone out there have a link to a thread or even a page on blackberry's site which would give the upgrades of 4.2.2. any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

PIN/ID
    3179870B

Re: OS 4.1 vs Os 4.2.2

i know someone has what im looking for................PLEASE!

PIN/ID
    3179870B

seriously...no one has anything to say? come on guys...help a fellow crackberry addict out

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

the only problem is the range of OS you are needing.
    for ex. the pearl is still 4.2.0.xxx through 4.2.1.xx
    no single BB has made the OS jump you require.
    it's changed from model to model.

sorry but thats the problem.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Are you talking about the handheld software or the PC software for syncing, the desktop manager?

As far as I know, there is no device that has had both 4.1 and 4.2.2 available for them. If OS differences is the question, then it's more a difference in the hardware than the software.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Umm... he did say in his first post that he was referring to the OS. So I actually agree with him that there isn't a side by side comparison. There is a list of changes, but not comparisons.

Actually using the new OS it isn't all that flashy anyway. There are very minor updates, but overall it's not the greatest thing to come to RIM. Personally I downgraded back to the 4.1 due to my Gmail app not working with the new OS as well as only a couple themes worked. I was unable to reorganize apps in any theme but the Dimension Icon.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1
    Umm... he did say in his first post that he was referring to the OS. So I actually agree with him that there isn't a side by side comparison. There is a list of changes, but not comparisons.

Actually using the new OS it isn't all that flashy anyway. There are very minor updates, but overall it's not the greatest thing to come to RIM. Personally I downgraded back to the 4.1 due to my Gmail app not working with the new OS as well as only a couple themes worked. I was unable to reorganize apps in any theme but the Dimension Icon.

Yes, he did say 0S, but until a version 4.2.2 is available for a device that originally used 4.1, it is impossible to make the comparison you need to know which of the features available in 4.2.2 on one machine may not be implemented on the older one.

What version did you upgrade to before reverting?

Rcbjr

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

jrok - are you being asked to show these comparisons because your company may want to switch to the 8830? reason being, i think we understood it as you wanting to put a 4.2 OS onto your 8700 devices, which is ok, but some bugs are reported. because...that's what runs on the 8830 and you want it on your 8703 devices...

can you elaborate? otherwise, you should compare the devices too...if that is what you are looking for.

canberry no está en línea Stack level 1

So is it generslly a bad idea to put 4.2 onto an 8700? I can't seem to find OS4.2 on the blackberry website, is there somewhere else that everyone is getting it from?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Canberry, there are several threads discissing 4.2 for the 8700. I don't have time to give you all the links, so I'm just linking to the forum, 8700 Forum
    Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr