I upgraded my 7290 successfully but lost all my Pin friends, and I cannot open ... RIM Handheld OS forum

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

OS 4.1 Upgrade Problems

Advertisement

I upgraded my 7290 successfully but lost all my Pin friends, and I cannot open attachments in my email. The message says Request cannot be completed service book cannot be found. My emails also say Received Using Unknown. I have TMO. Any ideas

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: OS 4.1 Upgrade Problems

Did you resend your service books? I had a similar problem and that worked for the emails. I have a 7290 with TMO as well. Did you try restoring selected data for BB Messenger in desktop manager?

PIN/ID
    Nadda

I'm pretty slow when it comes to these steps. I did pull the battery and restart. I have never restored but I'm give it a shot thanks.

To resend service service books select setup internet email icon>It'll take you to TMO Services Page>Under Settings on the page select service books>Send All

Hope this helps, I will see what I can get together for steps on restoring data on desktop manager.

PIN/ID
    Nadda

I did get my bb messenger list back with restore. Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by CMangum
    I'm pretty slow when it comes to these steps. I did pull the battery and restart. I have never restored but I'm give it a shot thanks.
    Double Click Backup and Restore in Desktop Manager. The Desktop manager should have automatically backed up your data when you upgraded the OS system. Select the Restore Button it will take you to a directory where your backup files are select the one with the lastest date or the date you upgraded the OS and it will automatically began to restore data. Don't know if it will restore your bb messenger list but it's worth a try.

Hope this is also helpful!

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

I also had a problem with the 4.1 upgrade. I was on the phone with @ least 3 T-Mobile BB Techs, b4 1 final advise me about Desktop Manager , which i had 2 dl over again & the service books. After that the 4.1 upgrade went smoothly.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!