Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

here's the rest. After a hard reboot (removing the battery) I got the darn thing ... RIM Handheld OS forum

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Re: OS 4.1?

Advertisement

here's the rest. After a hard reboot (removing the battery) I got the darn thing back to an out-of-the box setting. THANK GOODNESS I BACKED UP BEFORE UPGRADING! That's a good lesson for anyone wanting to try this.

So I'm back to functional, but know want try the upgrade again! From other information I have, t-mobile was down last night and that's why I wasn't working right. I was poking around and trying to fix it not having a browser, but there wasn't anything really wrong to begin with!

Lesson learned. When it's 2 a.m. and **** isn't working, leave it for the morning. You may be pleasently surprised rather than go through what I did.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

Good you're functional again. It may be a compatibility issue. In my case I downloaded the 7290 chinese version. In yours the 7100 multilang version which may not be ready for the 7105t yet. Would be nice to find another 7105t user.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

I got a 7100t (unlocked) here, but i'm kinda worried about using an os from some other company thats built for a different version (g).

Anyone here put the 7100g version on their 7100t by any chance? Or does anyone know it'll work?
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Let me see if I can get this whole mess straightened out.

I have a 7105t on the t-mobile network that was running OS 4.0.2. I wanted to upgrade to the new OS4.1 from this thread (see link above).

I downloaded the 4.1 .exe file and installed it on my PC. I searched for the "vendor.xml" file and deleted it. I then connected my 7105 via usb and opened the Desktop Manager (version 4.1.0.8). It recognized and upgrade to my OS and I continued with the installation. It took about 15 to 20 minutes to complete but went through without a hitch. I was up and running on OS4.1 with my 7105t and all my applications and data from before!

I noticed that the browser wasn't listed as an application though. I resent service books, registared the tables and did just about everything else I could think of without getting my broswer back. Everything else was working great even apps that accessed the web like Google Local and PicoNews.

Here's where it gets good. It's about 2:00 in the morning and I've been awake for 21 hours and drinking for the last 6 hours straight. Well I have the idea that I can fix this somehow on my own. That I'm going to find a way to get the browser on my BB. One thing leads to another and my poor 7105 wouldn't even start up.

I ended up grabbing some zzzzs and hitting it the next morning. I downloaded the java development kit from RIM and started in on figuring out how to wipe this device clean using javaloader. about a half an hour later I was able to reinstall OS 4.0.2 from t-mobile and just completed the upgrade to 4.1 again.

The funny thing was, that t-mobile had browser problems last night and no subscriber was getting the browser icon or service on their devices! It was corrected and restored not too long after my drunk *** had destroyed the OS on my device.

Leason here is always back up your device before upgrading, and never try to beat the system.

If anyone needs help restoring a really messed up device, I now have first hand knowledge of how to do so. I'll write up a complete instruction list of how to get 4.1 working properly.

It does work on a t-mobile 7105 though.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Well, I just backed up and I am trying it now... will letyou know

boas1 no está en línea Stack level 1

New to the board, in search of 4.1 for Cingular 7100g and found this thread. Have the link to the Chinese site for multi language, downloaded it but now scared stiff to try it. Any suggestions?

It is running... and I haven't had any problems yet, on a 7100t on TMobile.

It worked fine for me on T Mobile... make sure you backup and you should not have to worry

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

check twheeler's post on the install:

http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...read.php?t=929
    Gina-Lisa James,
    Pinstack.com – the web's #1 BlackBerry spot!
    Add Pinstack to your MySpace & twitter.com/pinstack

MrD
    MrD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24277AFE

Definitely follow twheeler's guide. I did and have not had any problems since the upgrade.

So thank you twheeler for posting it.

danclang no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23d73588

ok I must have messed up here pretty bad. My wap browsing didn't work and I lost my enterprise email (work email) so Now I have nothing. I thought ok let's restore everything. to last times things was working right. Well my service book was lost can't restore (keeps reverting back to the five instead of 22 it was suppose to be.) So I said to myself, let's downgrade so it'll work. Now my BB will not even do anything. The theme is wrong and I can't get past the forth icon and does not move anymore. Can someone help. I am not panicing yet but I think I will in a few days.

BMerDRMer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23C53E92

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Yup works like a charm on my 7290 I would like to list some of the cool improvements and effecient changes to the menus, emailing, profiles, security, auto email similar mactching on compose, browser tweaks and additions to details and much much more!. As time allows i guess. This download is WORTH IT.

Had a lang error that would come up once after unlocking un reeboot. But dleted all language modules and that fixed it. Go figure how it works now lol.
    I went out to Pinstack to find 4.1 English or Multilingual for my 7290. Came up short. I did find it for 7100G, and downloaded that to desktop ........but unable to push it down to 7290 (probably for good reason!) to my handheld. I did download 4.1 to desktop and it is working fine with my desktop Lotus Notes setup. Any suggestions where to find 4.1 for 7290, or how to push 7100G flavor to my device?? Thanks!

kroks no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys,
    I've a 7100g with 4.0 on it , do you suggest me to update on 4.1 ?
    I'm from Italy and here is not available yet from TIM ....
    Tks for your help

JakeSoto no está en línea Stack level 1

for tmobile 7105t i dl 4.1 and everything worked great except no browser!! even pressing tzones button doesnt work! what could i do?

JakeSoto - you might try taking the battery out. What worked for me when my browser vanished was to go into Options, Advanced OPtions, Host Roting Table, and in the menu select Register Now. You will get a little message from Tmo saying you are registered and poof the browser shows up.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast