Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any news on OS 4.1? It would be nice to have the BT connectivity with ... RIM Handheld OS forum

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Question OS 4.1 discussion

Advertisement

Any news on OS 4.1? It would be nice to have the BT connectivity with DM 4.1. I would also think that with the 7130 release and the 8700 release looming that those units would come with the latest OS. I was wondering if that might be 4.1...?

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4
    i think the 8700's come with 4.1 pre loaded.

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod
    I'm waiting for the BB upgrade to see if they improved the BT connectivity, specifically for the BT800 jabra.
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!

mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320F8773
    Just curious if the 7130e will come pre loaded with OS v4.1? I like it on my 7100i, but it is definatly buggy, and I should be getting an advanced copy of v4.1 for the 7520 this week.

pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

eli
    eli no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201cfd69

Re: OS 4.1?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but is there any way to get OS 4.1 on a (unlocked) 7100t?

drgoodtymes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink57
    Just curious if the 7130e will come pre loaded with OS v4.1? I like it on my 7100i, but it is definatly buggy, and I should be getting an advanced copy of v4.1 for the 7520 this week.

pink

yes the 7130 from Verizon comes with os 4.1

eli
    eli no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201cfd69

OS 4.1 Download

I can't vouch for it, but Hong Kong CSL has posted OS 4.1 upgrades for the 7100 and the 7290...

https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD...ient=cB5RB4aRB

I'm a little nervous downloading an OS upgrade from a different carrier, but lots of people have said it works fine

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yup works like a charm on my 7290 I would like to list some of the cool improvements and effecient changes to the menus, emailing, profiles, security, auto email similar mactching on compose, browser tweaks and additions to details and much much more!. As time allows i guess. This download is WORTH IT.

Had a lang error that would come up once after unlocking un reeboot. But dleted all language modules and that fixed it. Go figure how it works now lol.
    Last edited by hayden; 01-20-2006 at 06:55 PM.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

OHHHH, temping to try on my 7105. I may give it a shot this weekend.

Stay tuned.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yeah I am thinking of doing this also. I plan on using a 7290 for a few weeks (to compare with 7100g). I want to put this 4.1 on both of them! Will post results and improvements when I do.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

uh oh! I tried it and it worked great after I installed it. then it hung up and I deleted a language support for the UK and now I have the hourglass just spinning and the unit wont boot at all!

Gulp, it's been this way for the last 10 hours. any suggestions on how to even get this thing to a point I can restore any functionality?

Looks like I'm really in need of some help.

On the bright side, 4.1 was ocking on my 7105 from t-mobile. I just didn't have the browser and that's what I was trying to restore when it went to poop.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

okay, long story with javaloader.exe involved, but i think i'm getting close to recovering.

more later. again, the bright side is i'll have intimate knowledge of javaloader to share if anyone needs that level of help. pretty cool actually. your BB can really be messed up and still fixable!

PIN/ID
    ask

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

I would only delete modules if you experience a specific java.exception.language.error. A coworker on a 7290 confirmed 4.1 works for him also. However, he got critical error on the first try from the DT manager. Seems 4.1 is very unstable to install on non supported BB's but as Twheeler says it's pretty hard to get it to a point where it can't be fixed.

PIN/ID
    ask

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

But I should add only during the install process there are bugs. Once tweaked, this is the best OS version I've had yet!

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

okay, still hanging on the hourglass after wiping the Device with javaloader and reinstalling the 4.0.2 OS from t-mobile. ARGH! Getting a little worried, anyone have other suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast