Ok so Ive been using beta 4.5.0.18 for about two weeks now and I am ... RIM Handheld OS forum

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2

Origin outisde the US error when accessing websites with beta 4.5.0.18

Advertisement

Ok so Ive been using beta 4.5.0.18 for about two weeks now and I am having very few problems but the ones that I do have are quite perplexing.

I downloaded Opera Mini and I love it so I thought that I'd give it a little spin.

I went to www.abc.com to watch a few episodes of LOST when I got this error:

"Only viewers within the United States can watch these full-length episodes."

Ok, I know that Im in the US, Im smack in the middle of the Kansas City, Missouri area lol. Cant get much more centered in the US than that.

I then started poking around and found that a third party app that Ive been using "My Alarm" which allows you to have 6 alarms is showing my time off by over 4 hours. Now when I go to my settings, it shows my time correctly.

So Im at a loss as to why its showing my time to be on the other side of the world. Is there somewhere that the beta is storing this information so I can change it?

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    To supply more information:

The same error occurs when I access the same link when using Internet Browser instead of Opera Mini.

My Date/Time settings are:
    GMT-6:00 Central Time (US & Canada)
    My network time matches my current time.
    Not that it matters, but all language settings are English.

Mobile Network is AT&T
    GPS shows me correctly as does my TeleNav GPS program

Im not sure what other information I could provide to help out, its confusing at best.

EDIT: oh and before I upgraded my OS to the beta, I would get an error that I needed to download the latest version of Adobe Flash to view the full episodes for obvious reasons, that OS version didnt support streaming video. Now that I can watch the videos, I am denied because of my "supposed" location.
    Last edited by rprewitt; 05-02-2008 at 07:32 PM.