Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Might have been easier to delete the vendor xml. It would not brick your phone ... RIM Handheld OS forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Might have been easier to delete the vendor xml. It would not brick your phone or cause any malfunction. I have upgraded and downgraded both my BB's several times and never needed to delete the vendor xml for my own carrier's OS until my most recent upgrade to the official 4.5 from my carrier for my 8130. (smurf if you read this, me too )

For some reason even though it was showing the new OS in the device software tab of the DM and I had deleted the old OS off my computer before installing the new, it still didn't see the upgrade. So I tried deleting the vendor xml and it worked perfectly.

Hopefully it will work for you with a fresh install of the DM and OS, if not, go for the vendor xml
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    And if you do decide to try to delete the vendor.xml file as azstar suggested. You can find it by going C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\VENDOR.XML

I figured I would tell you where to look in case you didnt know already.

fourfaced no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    It has for a couple and then it hasn't for a couple more. But hopefully it does for you.
    It worked! I even forgot to take out my SD card but it worked! Thank you so much for your help! Thank you thank you!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thats great I have never had an issue leaving my card in but many have. So if in a day or two it acts up your first test should probably be taking the card out and see if it fixes it. Hopefully you wont have to worry about it though.

Thats great I have never had an issue leaving my card in but many have. So if in a day or two it acts up your first test should probably be taking the card out and see if it fixes it. Hopefully you wont have to worry about it though.

Great, thank you. One odd thing I've noted...not only are my calendar entries duplicated...the Verizon default dups are one day off (i.e. I have class on Thurs and it shows the class Thurs and Friday). Weird.

mithed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31b2be00
    Just wanted to mention my experience. I found my phone's hourglass popping up a lot for the first day or two that I had the new VZW OS on my BB. It seemed like every time I started a "new" program it would appear longer than usual. However, after a having 4.5 on here for about a week I have had no issues! Juat thoughty I'd share so you don't get worries if it happenas to you. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by mithed View Post
    Just wanted to mention my experience. I found my phone's hourglass popping up a lot for the first day or two that I had the new VZW OS on my BB. It seemed like every time I started a "new" program it would appear longer than usual. However, after a having 4.5 on here for about a week I have had no issues! Juat thoughty I'd share so you don't get worries if it happenas to you. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank you for that. I just noticed the same thing actually. Question, though, have you experienced that speakerphone/phone call bug? I was...am worried about that..

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That seems to be a 4.5 bug all around.

That seems to be a 4.5 bug all around.
    I just tested it. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Once you get used to it you don't even really notice.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Once you get used to it you don't even really notice.
    Just another question from a noob. I'm running .119 is this the latest leaked version? I'm not having any problems but would like to stay on top of things and saw a thread about new leak for the 8330s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12