Anybody know the official word on this stuff? I know it's pretty much feared by ... RIM Handheld OS forum

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4

Ok so this RIM Internal Tools business...

Advertisement

Anybody know the official word on this stuff? I know it's pretty much feared by those of us running a version of OS 4.5 that has it bundled (I've not had a run-in with it yet), but could this be the start of RIM answering our calls of wanting a public beta to help them iron out the bugs in 4.5?

The idea just came to me as I was thinking about the large and very variable amount of problems people have bee having with it, and the road ahead RIM faces towards the release of the official, finished version in the US.

Share thoughts please...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Have not heard anything about it, but if anyone is capable of doing it, RIM is!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you don't want to keep the internal tools when you install you can unselect them in the AppLoader. Also you can simply run the main exe and let it extract everything, then go to the temp folder it extracts to and pull out the handheld software exe which doesn't contain the internal tools installers at all.

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    The best soloution for RIM Internal Tools, is after you install the OS to your computer, and before installed into device...got to Control Panel\Add-Remove Programs and remove it....

You guys are completely misunderstanding my post...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    You guys are completely misunderstanding my post...
    ok, i got ya...no it has nothing to do with a public beta...this is for beta testers to send vital info back to RIM...and has nothing to do with a public beta...sorry I mis-understood...

pipewerkz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FA9856
    I saw it when I loaded 4.5.0.46 and was a first like "cool, some reporting tools" I got to see info about events on my phone, also follow my battery to see how fast it draining. I started reading about these RIM internal tools and figured I must have picked up an internal beta or something. There are so many posts I'm seeing about it being bad that RIM sees this. It could be intentional, in fact it seems you have the option to turn it off

Options --> BugReport

I'm thinking its a good thing, with the freeze ups and battery issues on 4.5, why not help them out?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bigdog364 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2439E565
    I would welcome the idea. With all the different usage of the phone, I think it would only allow Rim to provide us with a more stable phone. Although my usage may be similar with others, there still are applications that I perfer that may assist RIM. I am still not sold on Docs2Go which was my main reason for waiting on the new OS. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pipewerkz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FA9856
    What's up with the DocsToGo on 4.5 only having word and powerpoint? Where is the excel like in all the pictures?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog364 View Post
    I would welcome the idea. With all the different usage of the phone, I think it would only allow Rim to provide us with a more stable phone. Although my usage may be similar with others, there still are applications that I perfer that may assist RIM. I am still not sold on Docs2Go which was my main reason for waiting on the new OS. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yea I agree, a lot of the feedback would be the same, but every little bit counts if you ask me. I think a test bed with a lot more variables would make data recording more difficult, but it'd be worth it.