Video recording is cool. The Empower team has assured me, via email, that when the ... RIM Handheld OS forum
Video recording is cool. The Empower team has assured me, via email, that when the 4.5 is officially released, they will upgrade the program.
Well, I'm not willing to loose something that's supposed to be free. Esp... GPS. I switched from verizon over it. And am not looking back. So, when the workaround comes for the maps app, ill upgrade. Until then ill stay with 4.2 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
I have the OS 4.5 beta and my BBSmart viewer works with it...
Originally Posted by pdxmatts
Will att screw us by preventing any use of third party apps that they think they can provide their own on, while other providers do not, or will adroid based feature rich phones and other company's openness force their hand? I like att moving from sprint, and they will have 3G phones for blackberry soon, but I hate being handcuffed while a company goes through my wallet looking for cash.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
Well, it isn't a major revolutionary change but it has new features that most of us would like to have. Granted that none of those is awesome enough but the pack of changes is quite nice.
What I like:
- The new calendar features (multiple calendars, better design, etc) make the application easier to read and operate
- The new address book style improves the reading of data a lot
- The addition of Birthday and Anniversary entries on it is something really useful (maybe not for you)
- The new media player with better volume control, equalizer and new shortcuts
- The video recorder is a handy thing to have even if I don't use it
- I don't use the voice notes either, but is also a wanted feature for many
- Even while not having the HTML mail support ready (I'm on BIS and have to wait for my provider to put the new platform in place what could take them like a year... grrrr...) the interface for reading mails is cleaner and nicer than the old one
- I have better responsiveness in some tasks and procedures
- I have better sound quality (in talks, when using the speaker and with media files)
- The browser is faster and easier to use
Resuming, the OS was polished (as if it wasn't enough already) and is a step near perfection. At least for me, the BB is an awesome piece of technology and I was able to concentrate 3 devices (phone, media player and PDA) without loosing quality or features and even adding new uses. I like a lot the Curve and think I'm not alone in that. That's why it had quite a success and not because hype like with the iPhone (partially as I agree it has some merits). The Curve won our hearts by means of features, customization, style and technical quality (of course that is my view and you can disagree).
Well said! Nevertheless, everybody's entitled to their own thoughts.
Originally Posted by DonGato
Originally Posted by dgy2k1
They have assured me also! Yay!
Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?
.Really? Umm..s are you sure?
Originally Posted by lauren25
Well for me- my 8100 on AT&T did not like 4.5. Way too many bugs. I have reverted back to the AT&T OS. I had nothing but trouble when I upgraded. My DM refused to recognize my 8100 and when I recieved an email the notification red led wouldn't turn off. Talk about slow! The only thing that was even remotely faster was the browser. Guess I'll just wait for another 4 months when I'm due for an upgrade and I'll just get the 8120.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
Aww that's sad to hear RayZ, I have it and since I switched from 4.5.10 to.18 I think it is, I've had no probs. And just for the record, I have really been playing with the new os and love it
i like v4.5, but has anyone figured out how to get the volume to sound like v4.2? its not loud enough. what about the gps on google maps to get a close to accurate reading?
Have you set up a custom profile? I set my phone and message settings to loud from there.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
yes i have, still not loud or clear as v4.2. the audio boost doesnt help either.....boo! what about getting blackberry maps back? i see it in applications but not on my home screen.
Last edited by ndon70; 04-23-2008 at 09:00 PM.
I aswell have tried finding an answer for the audio issue. cant find anything with instructions it is lagging alot of volume power. sounds so much lower.
Originally Posted by ndon70
Tags for this Thread