Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Video recording is cool. The Empower team has assured me, via email, that when the ... RIM Handheld OS forum

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Video recording is cool. The Empower team has assured me, via email, that when the 4.5 is officially released, they will upgrade the program.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Well, I'm not willing to loose something that's supposed to be free. Esp... GPS. I switched from verizon over it. And am not looking back. So, when the workaround comes for the maps app, ill upgrade. Until then ill stay with 4.2 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I didn't mean that they will lose email, just that BIS will not be getting html email and will not be able to use 3rd party apps like Empower or BBSmart viewer. Not sour, just not happy about that part of it.
    I have the OS 4.5 beta and my BBSmart viewer works with it...
    ~Lauren

heartspeace no está en línea Stack level 2
    Will att screw us by preventing any use of third party apps that they think they can provide their own on, while other providers do not, or will adroid based feature rich phones and other company's openness force their hand? I like att moving from sprint, and they will have 3G phones for blackberry soon, but I hate being handcuffed while a company goes through my wallet looking for cash.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, it isn't a major revolutionary change but it has new features that most of us would like to have. Granted that none of those is awesome enough but the pack of changes is quite nice.

What I like:
    - The new calendar features (multiple calendars, better design, etc) make the application easier to read and operate
    - The new address book style improves the reading of data a lot
    - The addition of Birthday and Anniversary entries on it is something really useful (maybe not for you)
    - The new media player with better volume control, equalizer and new shortcuts
    - The video recorder is a handy thing to have even if I don't use it
    - I don't use the voice notes either, but is also a wanted feature for many
    - Even while not having the HTML mail support ready (I'm on BIS and have to wait for my provider to put the new platform in place what could take them like a year... grrrr...) the interface for reading mails is cleaner and nicer than the old one
    - I have better responsiveness in some tasks and procedures
    - I have better sound quality (in talks, when using the speaker and with media files)
    - The browser is faster and easier to use

Resuming, the OS was polished (as if it wasn't enough already) and is a step near perfection. At least for me, the BB is an awesome piece of technology and I was able to concentrate 3 devices (phone, media player and PDA) without loosing quality or features and even adding new uses. I like a lot the Curve and think I'm not alone in that. That's why it had quite a success and not because hype like with the iPhone (partially as I agree it has some merits). The Curve won our hearts by means of features, customization, style and technical quality (of course that is my view and you can disagree).

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well said! Nevertheless, everybody's entitled to their own thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    Well, it isn't a major revolutionary change but it has new features that most of us would like to have. Granted that none of those is awesome enough but the pack of changes is quite nice.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by dgy2k1 View Post
    Video recording is cool. The Empower team has assured me, via email, that when the 4.5 is officially released, they will upgrade the program.

They have assured me also! Yay!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    I have the OS 4.5 beta and my BBSmart viewer works with it...
    .Really? Umm..s are you sure?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well for me- my 8100 on AT&T did not like 4.5. Way too many bugs. I have reverted back to the AT&T OS. I had nothing but trouble when I upgraded. My DM refused to recognize my 8100 and when I recieved an email the notification red led wouldn't turn off. Talk about slow! The only thing that was even remotely faster was the browser. Guess I'll just wait for another 4 months when I'm due for an upgrade and I'll just get the 8120.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Aww that's sad to hear RayZ, I have it and since I switched from 4.5.10 to.18 I think it is, I've had no probs. And just for the record, I have really been playing with the new os and love it

ndon70 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i like v4.5, but has anyone figured out how to get the volume to sound like v4.2? its not loud enough. what about the gps on google maps to get a close to accurate reading?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Have you set up a custom profile? I set my phone and message settings to loud from there.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ndon70 no está en línea Stack level 2
    yes i have, still not loud or clear as v4.2. the audio boost doesnt help either.....boo! what about getting blackberry maps back? i see it in applications but not on my home screen.
    Last edited by ndon70; 04-23-2008 at 10:00 PM.

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    lol nokiaN95

BB8320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ndon70 View Post
    yes i have, still not loud or clear as v4.2. the audio boost doesnt help either.....boo! what about getting blackberry maps back? i see it in applications but not on my home screen.
    I aswell have tried finding an answer for the audio issue. cant find anything with instructions it is lagging alot of volume power. sounds so much lower.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast