Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

there actually is an english version to the os v 4.5 i have it on ... RIM Handheld OS forum

fraze1csa no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

there actually is an english version to the os v 4.5 i have it on my 8320, but this program is still in the works so there is still alot of bugs. i've had to reboot my phone hundreds of times since i upgraded. i think it's best to wait for the bold. but i must admit, the video recording is pretty sweet.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im waiting on AT&T

Unfranchise33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Since this is a new OS install, do you have to re-load all your apps??? or will they all still be there with your same settings?

sounds a little scary-

satvic no está en línea Stack level 1
    loaded .66 version .. video/audio recording are very nice to have. speedial didn't work after 1st try .. java wiped and reloaded ..now everything works. The ringtones aren't as loud after 4.2.2 if anyone wants to upgrade link

Bloodydream no está en línea Stack level 1
    How can I tell what version I have installed? I looked under Options, Advance Options, Applications. It shows Blackberry 4.5.0 Core
    Blackberry 4.5.0 Syst

How can I tell if its 4.50.37 or .52, etc?

EDIT: I found it..
    Last edited by Bloodydream; 07-12-2008 at 12:27 PM.

iklan36 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have downloaded & installed, but problem with speakerphone & handset(disabled), but it's ok for incoming call tone. so i goback to downgrade the OS, and it all work again.

bicknolen no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Has anyone tried this on an American AT&T 8310, does it have some of the same issues as the .37?
    I have and it works flawless for me I have problems I love it

LlamaLord no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243255A4
    Quote Originally Posted by TNgal22 View Post
    I was told AT&T has the OS and is working on it but no release date as of it. I am ready for it too since we are fostering a 2mth old girl and would love the video on my BB! I have tons of pics already. LOL

I heard about that today that there might be video all it needs is a Software update really it would be great to have on there!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLord View Post
    I heard about that today that there might be video all it needs is a Software update really it would be great to have on there!
    There is indeed video recording on the Curve models with the 4.5 OS. Just need a media card.

brydon no está en línea Stack level 1
    does this work on my 8310 bb curve on rogers ?

do u no if this is for the blkackberry curve 8310 on rogers ?

Brydon, welcome to PinStack!

You will want to go here for a more current OS for the 8310. The carrier is not important.....you just want to get the OS for your specific device. In other words, the 8110 OS won't work on your 8310.

And here are instructions for upgrading, if you are comfortable with the process.

this is only the 4.2 dont i want the 4.5 im very new to this i just got mine not to long ago and i want the video camera and i thought u only get that on 4.5 ?

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    i upgraded my 8300 to a different carriers version of 4.5. I had the same issues and the problem you are axperiencing. The issue is that your carrier needs to republish the service for the new version incorperating the new features that the new OS uses. Otherwise your going to have the same problems i had with MMS recieve only, internet bad gateway errors and such. I would give your carrier a little time as I am sure they sorting out. Think of it this way, the service books are what tell the phone how to use the network. The service books in turn are written to take full advantage of the features of the firmware. if you have a mismatch then you get some ambiguis errors. I ended up downgraded back to my carriers 4.2 and all worked as advertised.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

Quote Originally Posted by brydon View Post
    this is only the 4.2 dont i want the 4.5 im very new to this i just got mine not to long ago and i want the video camera and i thought u only get that on 4.5 ?
    That link I posted above has the most current OS's for each device, including 4.5.0.55 for the 8310 from several carriers.

Yes, you need 4.5 to get the video camera, but if you are new to BlackBerry, you might want to get to know your device better and wait until AT&T drops the official OS, which should happen in the next few weeks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast