Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I can register, but the upgrade is what kills my MMS. What's strange is that ... RIM Handheld OS forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I can register, but the upgrade is what kills my MMS. What's strange is that this is not the case for everyone. Some users have the Docs To Go upgrade and still have working MMS...see this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onflict-91026/
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

gtdomingo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30D76DEF
    Interesting , even though my docstogo folder only has word and slideshow I am able to view excel files in an email, just cant download to phone . Get a warning that phone will be unable to open afterwards .

bigtankusa1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    For people that still want this os from alltel you can still get it just go to the black berry web site and get it from the web updater i did and it works great no conflicts

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtankusa1 View Post
    For people that still want this os from alltel you can still get it just go to the black berry web site and get it from the web updater i did and it works great no conflicts
    I don't think this is true. What's offered from Alltel on the BB.com for the 8130 is this:
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.3.0.149 (Multilanguage)
    and for the 8330 this:
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.353 (Multilanguage)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I don't think this is true. What's offered from Alltel on the BB.com for the 8130 is this:

and for the 8330 this:
    I didn't believe so either until I did it last night on my wifes pearl if you go to the check for updates page and run the check it will update your os to 4.5.0.89 platform 3.8.5.3.2a. I also learned that it doesn't matter what OS you currently have because it updates your device based on PIN and not OS. If a link is needed when I get downstairs this morning I will be happy to post.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 10-26-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Cowboy, If it's on Blackberry.com posting a link should be OK. Here's the trail I followed: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp
    and then simply chose Alltel in the choice and followed that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Cowboy, If it's on Blackberry.com posting a link should be OK. Here's the trail I followed: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp
    and then simply chose Alltel in the choice and followed that.
    You did the same thing I did at first. Go to this link and it should work for you as it did for me last night I hope. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...b_tab_overview good luck and let us know which I am sure you will.

Went there, clicked on the "upgrade" and "Check BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 Availability" and entered my 8330 PIN, filled out the form and got this:

BlackBerry Device Software v4.5 Availability

Thank you for submitting your contact information.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Went there, clicked on the "upgrade" and "Check BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 Availability" and entered my 8330 PIN, filled out the form and got this:

It only works for the Pearl 8130 couldnt get my Curve to update either.

OK. I thought it was for the 8130 and MAYBE the 8330, even tho Alltel released it for the 8130 only yesterday. Thanks. Btw, I had already been to that section too. I looked all over the BB.com site before posting #34 above.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OK. I thought it was for the 8130 and MAYBE the 8330, even tho Alltel released it for the 8130 only yesterday. Thanks. Btw, I had already been to that section too. I looked all over the BB.com site before posting #34 above.
    Well since they did roll out the 8130 version maybe the 8330 is next I do know that the store rep told me Friday the official MMS for the Pearl is tomarrow. So hopefully they are finally catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Well since they did roll out the 8130 version maybe the 8330 is next I do know that the store rep told me Friday the official MMS for the Pearl is tomarrow. So hopefully they are finally catching up.
    Let's hope so - maybe we can believe that they're saving the best for last.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Since the 8130 update is not on the list when you check here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp should we start a new thread for those that want to get it sending them here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...b_tab_overview because I am sure it works for the Pearl. I don't mind being last the OS I am using does fine just like to be with an Official version.

Cowboy, you can start a new thread if you like in the Pearl forum or just wait until Alltel actually publishes it themselves.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This is back up on blackberry site. So I guess it is officially official https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...03923A1C591DB4 My curve feels so left out

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast