Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I installed 4.5 on my Verizon 8330, and thought everything was working great until I ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jdubb007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Verizon 8330 camera problems after upgrade

I installed 4.5 on my Verizon 8330, and thought everything was working great until I tried to use the camera tonight. When using the camera, the display is green and grainy. Rebooted the phone and I'm still having the same issue. I'm going back to 4.3.

RaysDarts no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubb007 View Post
    I installed 4.5 on my Verizon 8330, and thought everything was working great until I tried to use the camera tonight. When using the camera, the display is green and grainy. Rebooted the phone and I'm still having the same issue. I'm going back to 4.3.

Did that fix the camera? Mine did that (went green and grainy) afetr the first two weeks. It turned out the camera went bad. The "green and grainy" is a common description when your camera just goes bad. May not be the OS upgrade. Let us know...

skerr no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How'd you do it? on att 8310?

Quote Originally Posted by Methril View Post
    Installed an "unofficial" copy of this version last week and it's a whole lot more stable than the .42 that I was running. Memory leak seems to have been fixed and device generally runs quicker when tasked. Conflicts/hangups with third-party apps like AudibleAir and Berry411resolved, too. Even installs much faster than .18 or .42. All-around thumbs up--finally!!

Only complaint is that they still haven't fixed the bug that causes hidden icons to re-appear on hard reset in TodayPlus theme. Maybe someday...

question, i have an att 8310 and have had mixed luck with 4.5. It's hung on me several times. Exactly, which version did you download that worked? Can you pls send the link? Also, can you still synch with desktop manager?

thx

stu sikerr@gmail.com

saromm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysDarts View Post
    Did that fix the camera? Mine did that (went green and grainy) afetr the first two weeks. It turned out the camera went bad. The "green and grainy" is a common description when your camera just goes bad. May not be the OS upgrade. Let us know...
    I use Verizon and upgraded last night. So far, my camera seems fine.

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    is there a release for the 8703e yet for Sprint ?? anyone ? thanks !!

JoeyStyles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    With sprints 8330 does anybody know if this will allow for you to mms~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdubb007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysDarts View Post
    Going back to 4.3 didn't resolve the issue with the camera being green and grainy. I stopped by the Verizon store last night and they confirmed that the camera did go bad. Looks like I'll be asking work to order me a replacement.

DarkOmenDrac no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down O.S. brick alert!

this piece of crap upgrade had a "fatal error" while being installed and now i think my curves been bricked. DAMNIT!! is there anything i can do to get it working again. i pulled the batt and the screen just stays white with a black bar on top.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Take it easy Dark, many of us have upgraded and run this since it's been out - some before that when it was in beta...successfully. I suggest you slow down, try to start over, take your time and follow instructions carefully. This OS works great on my 8330.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

how can i try again if it wont respond?

I deleted the vendor.xml file, desktop manager recognized the upgrade, started it up, and the next time i check if its finished it told me about the "fatal error". ive done it a bunch of times b4. i dont get it....

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You say the next time you checked you had the error - does that mean you didn't stay with it to watch it's progress? Were you doing anything else on the P-C while the upgrade was running? Just thinking "out loud" to see if that could have caused an issue. I have done other things on the p-c but kept a close watch.

After waiting a while to see if the "white screen" goes off - seems like it would without power.

I'm guessing - never had the problem but if you have no other thoughts, I'd start by rebooting your p-c and see if it will connect via DM. If not remove the installed OS, remove the installed DM (probably not necessary) and reinstall again starting with DM, then the OS, delete the vendor file, and try to reconnect to DM to see if it recognizes the BB.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    This has happend to me on a older version of 4.5, is your error code 503~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackberryjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    u can send regular text messages ...no pictures or music....but you can do all of that through email....
    "The only person you are destined to be is the person you decide to be."

PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    That's still BS but okay thanks :-(~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast