Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by cherylhandy Can you help me here I am trying to find out ... RIM Handheld OS forum

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherylhandy View Post
    Can you help me here I am trying to find out if this OS update can or is for the 8310 Curve with AT&T as the service provider? If it is then i need help downloading and installing more to the point that I downloaded it already to my laptop and have it saved on the desk top but very uncertain as to what to do next. Or should I simply delete it and wait for AT&T to release the 4.5 OS?
    it's really up to you. the 4.5 has some upgrades that the 4.2 does not have, and waiting on the 4.5 release from ATT you might be waiting for a while. All the OS are usable for all carriers. really just have to do a few things while loading and it's going to work for you

PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Quote Originally Posted by ir_dizzle View Post
    Hey stackers,

I am currently on 4.5.044 beta and would love to upgrade to this OS for my 8310, but I hate having to install everything all over again. Is there a way I can back up my bberry first, then install the new OS, and then 'restore' everthing back on my phone or do I have to install everything back again? Please let me know.

Thanks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    hook up you BB to your computer and open the DM. there should be an option to back up your BB. Back up a copy of that prior to upgrading (you should probably always do that when upgrading, just in case) and upgrade. if upgrades fails then you can wipe the BB and load it with your back up copy. but you might have to reinstall some 3rd party software

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    ladies and gentlemen!!! I have full working html email. When I select "Get Images" it actually works! Previous .42 OS did not work even selecting "Get Images".

PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    ladies and gentlemen!!! I have full working html email. When I select "Get Images" it actually works! Previous .42 OS did not work even selecting "Get Images".
    very nice!! I'm currently running .37 and my html emails work. thinking about upgrading to .55 when get home

PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylhandy View Post
    Can you help me here I am trying to find out if this OS update can or is for the 8310 Curve with AT&T as the service provider? If it is then i need help downloading and installing more to the point that I downloaded it already to my laptop and have it saved on the desk top but very uncertain as to what to do next. Or should I simply delete it and wait for AT&T to release the 4.5 OS?
    if you have not ever upgraded an OS before, go to this thread and follow the directions and you should have no probolem. let me know if that helps.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

jessyizspoiled no está en línea Stack level 2
    Everything Is Good....its A Little Slow So Ill Give Some Time, Camera Works On 8100 For Me......the Only Thing That I Was Upset About Is My All Contacts Were Deleted...even After Backup. =[

PIN/ID
    ask me.

weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jessyizspoiled View Post
    Everything Is Good....its A Little Slow So Ill Give Some Time, Camera Works On 8100 For Me......the Only Thing That I Was Upset About Is My All Contacts Were Deleted...even After Backup. =[
    thats strange. I am using 4.6 DM, it retained every single application, emails, contacts, etc

jonnykx1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What about my sprint blackberry 8830 what about us

PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykx1 View Post
    What about my sprint blackberry 8830 what about us
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80120

timlutz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24285b24

Question Os4.5.0.55

I've been wanting to upgrade my BB with the new OS but somethings seem strange to me,backing up my BB(8310)ya,and waiting on ATT to release the OS?Whats the difference?And what do ya do if you screew up a BB that is working fine?And why don't they just release an OTA upgrade,like most cellphone carriers do?
    I would really like to see a good step by step how to!

Snatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    happend to me every single time i used a beta os 4.5 the only fix i have found where it doesnt do this is to A. take out your micro sd card before updating from 4.2 to 4.5 also go to options security general. disable content compression and protection. and make sure your firewall is off. weird but a tech guy who sent me one of the first 4.5 betas told me this and i have not had a problem since. lemme know how it goes
    Hello NICKY, thanks for the hint . But that would mean not having content compression/protection at all during all the time the device is on, am I right? I wish I did not need to give up on that...

</div>

zippoman no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 4.5 os release

hello i am having a problem for some reason my 8100 keeps rebooting every couple of minutes ive tried takin the battery out and puttin it back in, pullin the battery when hooked up to desktop manager, everything and it just keeps rebootin took the sim out and the 1gb and put them back in and its not workin please help thanks

PIN/ID
    ask me.
    MAN!!! Instant voicemail alert too! Previous .42 OS voicemail notification did not work! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! Voicemail works now! yes!! WOOHOO!

PIN/ID
    ask me.

what!

Quote Originally Posted by timlutz View Post
    I've been wanting to upgrade my BB with the new OS but somethings seem strange to me,backing up my BB(8310)ya,and waiting on ATT to release the OS?Whats the difference?And what do ya do if you screew up a BB that is working fine?And why don't they just release an OTA upgrade,like most cellphone carriers do?
    I would really like to see a good step by step how to!

OTA upgrade is very very very risky!! Did i mention risky! and Very! Imagine a cellphone signal getting lost while in the middle of the installation? oh, imagine your battery power so low it dies in the middle of your install.

Jvee no está en línea Stack level 1
    none of the links work for me? ...am i just stupid?

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast