Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 426

Originally Posted by cherylhandy Can you help me here I am trying to find out ... RIM Handheld OS forum

  1. #106
    c3po25's Avatar
    c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Posts
    323

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by cherylhandy View Post
    Can you help me here I am trying to find out if this OS update can or is for the 8310 Curve with AT&T as the service provider? If it is then i need help downloading and installing more to the point that I downloaded it already to my laptop and have it saved on the desk top but very uncertain as to what to do next. Or should I simply delete it and wait for AT&T to release the 4.5 OS?
    it's really up to you. the 4.5 has some upgrades that the 4.2 does not have, and waiting on the 4.5 release from ATT you might be waiting for a while. All the OS are usable for all carriers. really just have to do a few things while loading and it's going to work for you


  2. #107
    c3po25's Avatar
    c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by ir_dizzle View Post
    Hey stackers,

    I am currently on 4.5.044 beta and would love to upgrade to this OS for my 8310, but I hate having to install everything all over again. Is there a way I can back up my bberry first, then install the new OS, and then 'restore' everthing back on my phone or do I have to install everything back again? Please let me know.


    Thanks


    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    hook up you BB to your computer and open the DM. there should be an option to back up your BB. Back up a copy of that prior to upgrading (you should probably always do that when upgrading, just in case) and upgrade. if upgrades fails then you can wipe the BB and load it with your back up copy. but you might have to reinstall some 3rd party software


  3. #108
    pinpoint's Avatar
    pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Posts
    625
    ladies and gentlemen!!! I have full working html email. When I select "Get Images" it actually works! Previous .42 OS did not work even selecting "Get Images".

  4. #109
    c3po25's Avatar
    c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    ladies and gentlemen!!! I have full working html email. When I select "Get Images" it actually works! Previous .42 OS did not work even selecting "Get Images".
    very nice!! I'm currently running .37 and my html emails work. thinking about upgrading to .55 when get home


  5. #110
    c3po25's Avatar
    c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylhandy View Post
    Can you help me here I am trying to find out if this OS update can or is for the 8310 Curve with AT&T as the service provider? If it is then i need help downloading and installing more to the point that I downloaded it already to my laptop and have it saved on the desk top but very uncertain as to what to do next. Or should I simply delete it and wait for AT&T to release the 4.5 OS?
    if you have not ever upgraded an OS before, go to this thread and follow the directions and you should have no probolem. let me know if that helps.

    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html


  6. #111
    jessyizspoiled's Avatar
    jessyizspoiled no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    18
    Everything Is Good....its A Little Slow So Ill Give Some Time, Camera Works On 8100 For Me......the Only Thing That I Was Upset About Is My All Contacts Were Deleted...even After Backup. =[

  7. #112
    pinpoint's Avatar
    pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Posts
    625

    weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by jessyizspoiled View Post
    Everything Is Good....its A Little Slow So Ill Give Some Time, Camera Works On 8100 For Me......the Only Thing That I Was Upset About Is My All Contacts Were Deleted...even After Backup. =[
    thats strange. I am using 4.6 DM, it retained every single application, emails, contacts, etc

  8. #113
    jonnykx1's Avatar
    jonnykx1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1
    What about my sprint blackberry 8830 what about us

  9. #114
    pinpoint's Avatar
    pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykx1 View Post
    What about my sprint blackberry 8830 what about us
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80120

  10. #115
    timlutz's Avatar
    timlutz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    24285b24
    Posts
    10

    Question Os4.5.0.55

    I've been wanting to upgrade my BB with the new OS but somethings seem strange to me,backing up my BB(8310)ya,and waiting on ATT to release the OS?Whats the difference?And what do ya do if you screew up a BB that is working fine?And why don't they just release an OTA upgrade,like most cellphone carriers do?
    I would really like to see a good step by step how to!

  11. #116
    Snatcher's Avatar
    Snatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    happend to me every single time i used a beta os 4.5 the only fix i have found where it doesnt do this is to A. take out your micro sd card before updating from 4.2 to 4.5 also go to options security general. disable content compression and protection. and make sure your firewall is off. weird but a tech guy who sent me one of the first 4.5 betas told me this and i have not had a problem since. lemme know how it goes
    Hello NICKY, thanks for the hint . But that would mean not having content compression/protection at all during all the time the device is on, am I right? I wish I did not need to give up on that...

    </div>

  12. #117
    zippoman's Avatar
    zippoman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3

    8100 4.5 os release

    hello i am having a problem for some reason my 8100 keeps rebooting every couple of minutes ive tried takin the battery out and puttin it back in, pullin the battery when hooked up to desktop manager, everything and it just keeps rebootin took the sim out and the 1gb and put them back in and its not workin please help thanks

  13. #118
    pinpoint's Avatar
    pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Posts
    625
    MAN!!! Instant voicemail alert too! Previous .42 OS voicemail notification did not work! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! Voicemail works now! yes!! WOOHOO!

  14. #119
    pinpoint's Avatar
    pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Posts
    625

    what!

    Quote Originally Posted by timlutz View Post
    I've been wanting to upgrade my BB with the new OS but somethings seem strange to me,backing up my BB(8310)ya,and waiting on ATT to release the OS?Whats the difference?And what do ya do if you screew up a BB that is working fine?And why don't they just release an OTA upgrade,like most cellphone carriers do?
    I would really like to see a good step by step how to!

    OTA upgrade is very very very risky!! Did i mention risky! and Very! Imagine a cellphone signal getting lost while in the middle of the installation? oh, imagine your battery power so low it dies in the middle of your install.

  15. #120
    Jvee's Avatar
    Jvee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11
    none of the links work for me? ...am i just stupid?

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •