Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829 LastLast

Nevermind I just read the link you provided, thanks!... RIM Handheld OS forum

Mobile1Creek no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Nevermind I just read the link you provided, thanks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The instructions will tell you where to delete the vendor file, but it is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. Should be at the bottom of the list. Delete this after you've loaded and installed the OS onto your PC.

Roger

::EDIT:: Just saw your post! Glad you found it!

Just loaded this onto my phone, but its very laggy... Is there any way to change settings anywhere so this can work with my 8100?

Which OS did you load, Mobile?

bbayard no está en línea Stack level 1
    when is the att update coming?
    bbayard

I loaded the 4.5 to a T-Mobile branded Pearl, with an existing 4.2.1.107 firmware. It was if the phone wasn't capible of running the OS properly due to on board memory? It was very laggy, and switching between applications was a pretty huge task for the phone.

Are you running a lot of 3rd party apps? Installing a new OS in essence is defragmenting the memory, making things run faster and smoother. Which 4.5 version did you load and from what carrier?

I downloaded the BlackBerry 8100 4.5 firmware that Ryan provided in the first post (I'm not sure what carrier that was ment for, but I was under the impression it did not matter?). I do have a handful 3rd party apps, like Google Maps, Facebook, Opera Mini, Color Pearl, a Theme, and Pac Man. I also did a "memory cleaning" to get rid of usless info like adress book cache after I reinstalled T-Mobiles 4.2.1.107 Firmware. Tommorow I'll wipe the handheld to start from scratch and try to re-install the 4.5 firmware.

Again this is for a T-Mobile branded 8100, with the 4.2.1.107 firmware. I do have a 1GB memory card installed, with a few pictures and ringtones on the actual phones memory.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^^Suggestion ~ remove the media card prior to installation. It will save you a world of problems during and after installation.

Reinstall it after OS install complete.

^^ Excellent advice from Lavagirl to remove the media card. You might even want to consider unloading its contents onto your PC and reformatting the card in the device with the updated OS, then moving everything back onto the card.

I actually did remove the Media Card before the install, I skimmed through the thread before I installed. I never was asked to reformat the card though? I have ALOT of MP3's on my phone, so this will be a process tommrow. I'll keep you guys posted though. Thanks for all the help, this is a very friendly forum - I like it.

pboopter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded to 4.5 a few days ago and now my phone keeps shutting off and restarting any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by pboopter View Post
    I upgraded to 4.5 a few days ago and now my phone keeps shutting off and restarting any suggestions
    Same question to you, pboopter.....did you have a media card in the device when you did the upgrade?

bluebattery70 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sweet, just what ive been looking for

Sparky1254 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by money2682 View Post
    Hey everybody, I'm deciding to stop lurking today and I was wondering if this os has a bad memory leak like 4.5.0.37?
    I don't see any memory leaks on 4.5.0.55 Rel 81 and the improvements are fantastic over 4.2 SP2 and 4.3. 1 problem I have though, the original "preloaded" picture contacts, pictures and folders" are all missing now. Other than that I've had no problem at all on an 8100c.
    Last edited by azstar; 09-25-2008 at 01:51 AM. Reason: double post