Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Morgase Miracles do Happen....I finally got my Pinstack to work. Not exactly ... RIM Handheld OS forum

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    Miracles do Happen....I finally got my Pinstack to work. Not exactly sure what I did except change the permissions for it and now it works.
    Haven't had much time to play with this thing, but I just noticed that I cannot get to wap.pinstack.com thru BBbrowser. I'm on now thru opera mini. Has anyone else had this problem? What kind of changes did you have to make to your permissions to make it work for you?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    All I did was in my browser go to options then browser config..then checked all boxes except allow java popups..and everything I go to works..I use tmo if it matters. Gl

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Moodio isn't working either! Keep getting this error message:

Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive.

Any suggestions?

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    Am downloading the OS 4.5 now. Will be upgrading from 4.2.1.107 on my 8100. Hopefully this all goes smoothly. Will report back if things go as planned.

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    UPGRADE (FROM 4.2 > 4.5) SUCCESS REPORT!!

Last night I upgraded 2 8100 Pearls wuth the 4.5 OS listed at the beginning of this thread, and I'm back to tell you both times was a complete success for me! Both phones are currently running everso nicely and the transition over was rather smooth!

First off, a big thanks to BES noob. I just pinned him out of the blue and started asking him questions in regards to the new OS. He swears he didn't do anything to help out, but if anything, he boosted my confidence to take that leap! Thank you for you HELP!

Also, for those of you installing this OS, here are a few highlights, quirks, etc that you may find useful in installing. Most are just reiterations of what has already been said, but here's my two cents as well:

* It DOES take some time to upgrade, so be patient! It took roughly around an hour to upgrade each of the both phones I did.
    * The initial reboot after install takes TIME...so be patient with it as well. No need to freak out, your phone is just getting itself back together.
    * I had a few issues at first where one of the phones would go into these weird boot cycles nonstop. It would boot all the way up, and then shut off, only to boot back up, and it did this for 4 or 5 times, until I just pulled the battery. After boot up from the battery pull, it has been working fine since.
    * The new OS is definately more defined and faster! If you experience lag, you might want to change out to a default theme, at least until your phone gets used to the new software. Don't know, just a thought...
    * The bundled version of Yahoo that comes with the new OS I could NOT get to work to save my life. My solution was to download the newer version from the official Blackberry website. Make sure to set the application's permissions to ALLOW on all settings.
    * AIM is another story. The version that comes bundled with the OS is newer than what is on the Blackberry site, but I couldn't get either to work.
    * Make sure when you install the OS initially, that you select to install the DocumentsToGo. I was told that it has something to do with making things work properly. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Once your OS is installed, enjoy! As long as you follow directions given in the install tutorial here on Pinstack, it makes the transition so much easier. Those directions are there for a reason!

benjaminlau no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    i downloaded and installed the upgrade to my pc. how do i get it on my phone. im lost. any one can help me

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    just delete the vendor file unless it is your carriers upgrade and plug the phone in to the pc open desktop manager and follow the steps it tells you if you need more detail let us know

PIN/ID
    where is the vendor file located?

PIN/ID
    i connected my phone to the pc and opened the desktop manager and it just says connected. i cannot find the file to upgrade the os. but i keep downloading the os and installing it how can i install it?

PIN/ID
    can anyone help. please

PIN/ID
    any clue on how to delete the vendor
    ?

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    search your computer for vendor.xml should show up right away

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminlau View Post
    any clue on how to delete the vendor
    ?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=76342

There ya go

Frank613 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA63F
    with this upgrade on the 8100 can it not record video?
    8900 (16gb cARD)
    9000Bold 16GB Sd
    8220Flip{KickStart}
    8320(4gb SdCard)
    8700g
    7100i

"Hi My Name Is Frank And Im A Crackberry Addict......(-__-)"

pIN#24ABA63F

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminlau View Post