Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Can't forgot my 9100 also anyways the colorpearl is a known issue, I did a ... RIM Handheld OS forum

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)

Advertisement

Can't forgot my 9100 also anyways the colorpearl is a known issue, I did a bit of searching around In the future I'd recommend doing a complete JL_CMDER wipe before doing the upgrade as then the third party apps won't get installed.

zav7zeuq no está en línea Stack level 2
    doing 8310 now, "task in progress", "retrieving wirelessly delivered application modules" 1st progress bar empty not moving, 2nd progress bar retrieving module "berryacode.cod" not moving at approximately 90% done but has not moved for last 6-8 minutes, normal?

ive read a little on the JL_CMDER, thats like a factory os w/out 3rd party app's?........wasn't the colorpearl or xcolor event still getting same uncaught/exce................ on the 8310 should i "cancel"?

still nothing on 8310 stuck

PIN/ID
    JL_CMDER wipe will cause error 507 - No OS. So essentially it will be a totally bare BB ready to install the new OS on....When you finish the upgrade you then restore a backup and it will put all your contacts/calendar/other options back to the way it should be. Cancel your upgrade and do a JL_CMDER wipe and then reinstall the OS.

cancel on 8310 does nothing, help!

PIN/ID
    You are going to need to do a battery pull and then do a JL_CMDER wipe if the Berry is unresponsive.

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2

improvement over 4.5.0.37

I just upgraded from 4.5.0.37 on my pearl last night.

It's still not perfect, but I'm glad the camera works now.

The media card support is still not up to par. I've found that the music works fine. I've been able to access all files thru the standard interface. But videos don't show up. The only way to play them is to go to the main Media page and hit menu then select explore. Then you can find all files on your card.

I've also found that there isn't the crazy resetting loop anymore. If it does reset, it only does it once. But that was right after I upgraded. It hasn't happened at all since.

Thanks for the link and info.

pimppapa1977 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just did the update for my 8320 so far so good perfect knock on wood.Surfs youtube , video cam and all

mcas112 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24288C48
    [quote=soulmedic;822756]Yes, you need to delete the vendor.xml file prior to installing UNLESS you are on the carriers network that released the software. In this case A1.

Where do I find the vendor.xml file???
    ]

bbua88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Kind of off topic question. If your SIM card still works but is slowly failing is it possible to have them swap the contacts from one SIM card to the next?

mcas112 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24288C48
    [quote=mcas112;829998]
    Quote Originally Posted by soulmedic View Post
    Yes, you need to delete the vendor.xml file prior to installing UNLESS you are on the carriers network that released the software. In this case A1.

Where do I find the vendor.xml file???
    ]
    someone pin me who can walk me through this???

PIN/ID
    Upgrade instructions/support is here

bbua88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just upgraded. This version is way faster than the beta, camera is fixed, love the new suretype hella sexy...
    Last edited by bbua88; 07-29-2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: grammar lol

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bbua88 View Post
    Kind of off topic question. If your SIM card still works but is slowly failing is it possible to have them swap the contacts from one SIM card to the next?
    Yes, you can swap SIM cards and they will transport them for you. I have an issue with the check/ sending/ X's to the left of dates when looking at text messages. Is there any way to fix this? Or should I do a JL_CMDER wipe and reinstall .55?
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden