Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I live in the usa and will the 8310 update work on my phone?... RIM Handheld OS forum

LlamaLord no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243255A4

Advertisement

I live in the usa and will the 8310 update work on my phone?
    ..::AT&T 8310::..

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    This os made my phone screwy. It froze up within 5 minutes of boot and continued to do so after multiple reboots. I had a busy day and the reboots came at the worse time. I was on the road. Luckily I had an older phone in the trunk and thanks to the beauty of gsm I threw my sim in and was good to go again. Now I need to get back to a pc to wipe the 8310 and try again. Ill give this OS 2 strikes not 3.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    in my haste i didnt troubleshoot. also my situation didnt make it practical to troubleshoot. got home last night and was going to wipe, then reload os, but stopped to troubleshoot first.

the MicroSD was the culprit.

momma2b no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Could someone please help me.....I dl'd the DM 4.5 off the Blackberry site. I dl'd the new OS 4.5 and tried to put it on my peral but it gives me an error. I did delete the vendor file before trying to download but still a no go. Is there something that I am missing? Could someone show me a site or something on how to properly download the new os and software? Thank you!
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 07-28-2008 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Color fonts

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I tried the OS update to 4.5 on my 8100 and after several app errors 507 and 523 I have reverted to my 4.2
    Any ideas why it wouldn't work for me?

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by frisco49ers View Post
    I tried the OS update to 4.5 on my 8100 and after several app errors 507 and 523 I have reverted to my 4.2
    Any ideas why it wouldn't work for me?

be very patient. do not disconnect until you are 100 percent sure it is done. make yourself stop looking at the phone. go do something else while it updates

joemecu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatcher View Post

HOWEVER, bbmessenger will keep telling me "I switched devices and need to update the PIN" almost EVERYTIME I do a reboot. I know some people have been having that. Have anyone found a workaround that stops that from happening?

Snatcher
    Thanks for posting this, as I had that same issue with the previous 4.5.0.xx release, and had to ultimately downgrade to AT&T's 4.2.1.96. I'll be holding out, until this issue can be resolved, or a fix is found. Either way, 4.5 does seems to work rather well, but BB Messenger stating the above, made me revert.

JuJuLam no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just wondering... Does this work with color pearl now? COus I'll update back if it works with color pearl (:

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by momma2b View Post
    Could someone please help me.....I dl'd the DM 4.5 off the Blackberry site. I dl'd the new OS 4.5 and tried to put it on my peral but it gives me an error. I did delete the vendor file before trying to download but still a no go. Is there something that I am missing? Could someone show me a site or something on how to properly download the new os and software? Thank you!
    Try loading the OS using DM 4.3 instead and see if that works better for ya.

crxfun2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f76d60
    ok how come the download link doesnt work????????????? help plsss need my camera:cry:

RogersJoel no está en línea Stack level 1
    i know i just tried it too
    I can't imagine life without BBMsngr

blueblood2k2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    im so upset at this..... some one please give some kind of alternate link, WE NEED UPGRADES!!!!!!!!!! and does anyone else have problems with AIM and MSN msngr with .52??

blueblood2k2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    has it worked for anyone yet?

Allwin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I checked it just now and it seems to be working. I installed 4.5 last night on my 8310 and i have not had any problems. I am on the AT&T Network. It works like a charm.

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2

Update for 8830?

I looked through the links on the official site and could not find the firmware upgrade for the 8830 WE.

Any thoughts on what's up?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    I looked through the links on the official site and could not find the firmware upgrade for the 8830 WE.

Any thoughts on what's up?
    Yes the site you were looking on was a GSM carriers website, there would be no reason for them to offer/support downloads for a CDMA Device