Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

HTML email is not working any ideas?... RIM Handheld OS forum

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB

Advertisement

HTML email is not working any ideas?

dandiggler no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can anyone tell me what is new about the 4.5 op system? What are it's advantages?
    Thanks

marthabeth25 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by robmc1031 View Post
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...223C61B1B5AB89

or

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...7D8+I2dafYJQ**

this is for users with the 8320... the links above go to blackberry's main site where you can get the Orange UK version. and it works!!!

i need help please. tyring to download for bb 8320. these links not working can you tell me were to go to get download for orange UK version and how to download into phone. i know through manager but how exactly do you find software once in your computer

OutsideLookinIn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMercuryMan View Post
    HTML email is not working any ideas?
    I'm not so sure if it's the same process as the 8100, but on 8320 all we need is to re-send our Service Book and HTML works just fine.
    Last edited by OutsideLookinIn; 07-25-2008 at 12:53 PM.

PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Quote Originally Posted by marthabeth25 View Post
    i need help please. tyring to download for bb 8320. these links not working can you tell me were to go to get download for orange UK version and how to download into phone. i know through manager but how exactly do you find software once in your computer
    Go here and look for 8320: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76342

Save it in your computer where you can locate it after. Open and install the Device Manager 4.5.0.52. Delete the "vendor.xml" file after you install it (if you can't find it, try run the search on your computer using that file name and delete from there). Plug-in your BB and your Desktop Manager will just automatically detect the new OS and will ask you to update. Good luck and hope this help
    Last edited by OutsideLookinIn; 07-25-2008 at 12:53 PM.

pdnmiami no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    finally the camera is working. now if only they fixed the LED light so it wouldnt stay on all the time.
    Do you have color Pearl installed on your device?

If you do then disable it and that should fix that issue.. Color Pearl is not supported in 4.5.x.x

If not, then its another issue.

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    Please... i would like to know what is new from 4.2, like does it play flash, does camera do video, hows the media player, any new apps. because i'm kind of in love with some of the third party apps for 4.2.

PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrupert View Post
    Please... i would like to know what is new from 4.2, like does it play flash, does camera do video, hows the media player, any new apps. because i'm kind of in love with some of the third party apps for 4.2.
    For 8320, the new OS 4.5 can now play videos from sites like Youtube, has a video camera, HTML email, address book is more polished interface-wise.. Ummm... what else....

But for me upgrading to 4.5 was worth it, esp the HTML email since I don't have Empower or any of those HTML email softwares before. Plus, the fact that I can now view videos on Youtube

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    what about the 8100. I am seriously thinking of updating, and I'm not sure I can wait for rogers to come out with thiers. or whether it will be inferior

Tommy Albert no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241D316F
    Anyone Loaded This Os On The Bb8800, 8820, Or 8830 At&t Carrier?

aclayej no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just upgraded my 8100 to 4.5. First time for me too. lol I did have a few issues with the phone restarting on it's on. It would reboot about 2 times until it was stable enough to use. I also had the issue of it rebooting when I tried to access my pics. I got rid of a few 3rd party apps and to make sure they weren't the cause of it. I also did a good cleaning of more 3rd party apps and other software as well to make sure. esp Colorpearl, I think it was causing a few conflicts too. I tried to access my pics again and it did open them this time, but as soon as they appeared on screen it rebooted itself twice.

Anyone have this issue or know how to fix it? Also, how do I go back to 4.2? I did a backup before I installed 4.5. A battery pull for 30 secs will make it boot stable. Do I need to reformat my SD card maybe?
    Last edited by aclayej; 07-25-2008 at 02:40 PM.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    success! i was able to upgrade to OS4.5 on my ATT Curve 8310. The only issue I ran into the Java installation earlier. Then it took about 35minutes to boot up the home screen. What a relief. I was a little worried back there.

Jivetalk seems to have issues connecting.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

jruddock1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by soulmedic View Post
    Yes, you need to delete the vendor.xml file prior to installing UNLESS you are on the carriers network that released the software. In this case A1.
    I'm new to this. Where do I find the file to delete? After I delete, do I just run desktop manager to install it on my phone? Thanks in advance.

aclayej no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got it working! Seems as though it was either Color Pearl doing it or my SD card. I reformatted my card and it will now access my pics and tones without rebooting! Working great now! Seems to work a little faster too. With the Today Plus bottom dock theme on 4.2 it ran a little slow, but it runs much faster now with 4.5. I love 4.5, lots of great improvements in 4.5. Love the new looks of messages, media, address book, etc..

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsideLookinIn View Post
    I'm not so sure if it's the same process as the 8100, but on 8320 all we need is to re-send our Service Book and HTML works just fine.
    figured it out after posting forgot all about it had to do it last time i upgraded to 4.5 then when i downgraded also