Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by yairc123 a while ago i installed the vodaphone new os dont remember ... RIM Handheld OS forum

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by yairc123 View Post
    a while ago i installed the vodaphone new os dont remember which but it was an official for canada and NOT a beta. everytime i would restarted my phone or do a battery pull, i would lose all of my folders, and icons would not be arranged the way i like them, they would go back to the default settings. as a crackberry addict, EVERYTHING has to be organized exactly the way i like it (which im sure you can all say the same for yourselves) after downgrading my os back to 4.2 i decided to wait until at&t comes out with 4.5. now, we can all see thats never happening (lol) so this is where my questions come in, are people still having theses problems with folders dissapearing and icons being out of order? should i install this version from voda or wait until at&t pushes off the release date once more? oh and one more thing, voicenotes were also problematic on the canada os i had so are there any problems with that too? help!!

im currently on the curve 8310

Thanks in advance!
    That's a good question. I actually remember this bug from a previous os version. We'll find out if it's fixed soon enough.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    When I'm off work in 10 hours, I will be upgrading to this!
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have an 8310 (AT&T). Every single version of 4.5 I have tried has resulted in the same problem with the icons needing to be re-arranged every time it booted up. I'm with you....it was a "deal-breaker" for me...so each time I have gone back to 4.2.2.184
    I just downloaded :
    file:///F:/8310EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_ Voda_Australia

but I have not yet installed. One suggestion made to me when I brought this up in the past was to see if changing the Theme stopped that from happening. I had already gone back to 4.2 when that was suggested so I haven't checked yet to see if the icon re-arrangement problem was "theme specific".

yairc123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Excellent, i'll be checking back to see updates

Thank you for the help
    cant wait to update already!
    Last edited by yairc123; 09-25-2008 at 03:35 PM.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Okay, I know you get this with every thread update, but I'm having a problem *sigh* I can't get the loader to read that there is a new update. I'm also having another rather . . odd problem. My "AppLoader" folder is . . . well, completely gone.
    I get the same results, No update. I delete vender.xxx and all and no go.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ did you uninstall the previous OS version from control panel>add or remove software

Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    I have an 8310 (AT&T). Every single version of 4.5 I have tried has resulted in the same problem with the icons needing to be re-arranged every time it booted up. I'm with you....it was a "deal-breaker" for me...so each time I have gone back to 4.2.2.184
    I just downloaded :

but I have not yet installed. One suggestion made to me when I brought this up in the past was to see if changing the Theme stopped that from happening. I had already gone back to 4.2 when that was suggested so I haven't checked yet to see if the icon re-arrangement problem was "theme specific".

i haven't had this issue with the latest (.52) but i use custom themes only... so maybe its an issue with the default themes? try this one out and see if it fixes that issue

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ^^ did you uninstall the previous OS version from control panel>add or remove software

i haven't had this issue with the latest (.52) but i use custom themes only... so maybe its an issue with the default themes? try this one out and see if it fixes that issue
    I have had this issue as well, but not in quite a while. I usually use the vendor themes, but I don't remember having that happen to me since about 4.5.0.10.

MOskins no está en línea Stack level 1
    So far so good here. The new OS loaded with no issues and from testing a few things, memory issues are no longer an issue. With .52 at best i would be at 12mb and hover around 10mb. After testing a few aps and playing around with the browser, I'm up around 19mb!!! Going in and out of menus/apps has been noticeably faster with .81. Well worth the hour spent in the upgrade process!!

Still testing so I will check back in after a while.

dasudevil no está en línea Stack level 2
    I need to update. I am tired of removing the battery every 4 or so hours. I checked before i removed the batt to see how my mem status was and noticed I was at ZERO!!! WTF MATE!

After the reboot everything was good.

BTW i use Opera Mini about 90% of the day to play some games. For some odd reason blackberry net does not pick up the games or log me in. it reverts me back to the start.

I really hope this will fix the issue. Will be running new app tonight in 6 hours. Look forward to see more updates on this from more T-MO users.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    anyone having issues with restoring the backup?

installation of the OS went fine. backup won't restore, even with an advanced restore, the backup is 'grey'd out'

i also get an intellisync error -- yet my device is connected

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13
    i upgraded no problem, HOWEVER, when i went from 4.2 to 4.5..52, if you keep your memory card in while you do it, it causes pure and utter mayhem! It screws with the format of the memory card for one (to the point you cant access it, and if you do it will automatically reset the BB). I also got that error message when it was trying to upload the backup and the BB would reset itself every min or so....

yairc123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by malcriado View Post
    i upgraded no problem, HOWEVER, when i went from 4.2 to 4.5..52, if you keep your memory card in while you do it, it causes pure and utter mayhem! It screws with the format of the memory card for one (to the point you cant access it, and if you do it will automatically reset the BB). I also got that error message when it was trying to upload the backup and the BB would reset itself every min or so....
    good to hear and thanks for pointer but any news on the folder situation?

MOskins no está en línea Stack level 1

installation of the OS went fine. backup won't restore, even with an advanced restore, the backup is 'grey'd out'

I got a backup error as well, stating that my backup did not load, but all of my data loaded fine. I have rebooted once to check the folder issues, no problems. Although this was not an issue for me with .52

I am having issues with youtube. Not that I watch many videos, but videos will only work on EDGE, but not on WiFi. I'll play around with my security settings.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Did you try rebooting your PC, Cherri?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    I just downloaded :

I used a canned BlackBerry theme and have never had an issue with the icons rearranging, so I'm betting it is theme specific.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast