Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish Yes. You will have to remove the current OS that is ... RIM Handheld OS forum

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Yes. You will have to remove the current OS that is installed to your PC and download and install the one you want for the upgrade to your PC. Don't forget to delete the vendor file before installing to your BB and be sure to back up your BB before you install the new upgrade.
    k thanks ill do this anytime soon. until i get my phone back from sister

gar_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F733A
    Update
    RoG
    I was just trying everything possible so I checked all boxes in sync config and now.................I have backup working again.
    Thanx man

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gar_ View Post
    Update
    RoG
    I was just trying everything possible so I checked all boxes in sync config and now.................I have backup working again.
    Thanx man
    Right on! Glad to hear it!

c21celia no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF477A
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    What does that question mean: "How would I go about this case?" Please try to be more specific in your question.
    I updated the 8100 bb pearl now i would like to update bb curve 8310 what do i need to do?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    All you do now is download and install the OS for the 8310 that you want to upgrade to and follow the same procedure as when you upgraded the 8100. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

c21celia no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF477A

Post updated

Once I download the software will it replace the 8100 or will it read accordingly with I synchronize the phones?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by c21celia View Post
    Once I download the software will it replace the 8100 or will it read accordingly with I synchronize the phones?
    No. Since OS's are DEVICE SPECIFIC it will install as the OS for the 8310 - the OS for the 8100 will remain.

Once you have it installed you will have two separate OS's installed on your p-c - one for the 8100 and and one for the 8310. DM knows which is which. Your job is to keep up with which is which on your p-c so that the next time you decide to change, you know which one to remove before you replace it with another version. (Hint: They're labeled so you can tell.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dilemma no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just updated. Took just under 1 hour. Everything seems fine so far except myfavs. They wouldn't update.

eburganjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245F43BB
    performing the update now...crossing fingers for better performance than t-mo's 4.3

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51
    i just updated my 8320 to 4.5.0.81 last night... everything is going well seemingly but, i noticed an issue this morning... not sure if its due to theme or if its a known 4.5 issue but when i am in a call it no longer shows the contact name or number i am calling... only time anything is shown is when its one of my myfaves contacts and it shows the old picture i had assigned to it.... i dont know if a reinstall is in order or if its something setting/ theme wise....

anyone know how to solve this?

TheTechGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Moechick you might have your address book locked with your security settings. Go to Options\Security\General Settings\Include Address Book and chose NO. If that doesn't do it I'm not sure what the issue is.

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTechGuy View Post
    Moechick you might have your address book locked with your security settings. Go to Options\Security\General Settings\Include Address Book and chose NO. If that doesn't do it I'm not sure what the issue is.
    I changed themes and it was working again. The theme I had loaded was for 4.2 os and up and was active on the phone during upgrade. I"ll try that though. Maybe it'll help. Thanks!

Edit:address book option is set to no already. I'm stumped. Guess I have some new themes to find

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    kk would the blingball work for this ? on my pearl and is ther still a problem with the camera?

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Via Howardforums.com: Voda Australia & Fiji has this 4.5 OS available...

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.108 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 4.5.0.108
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.81
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.78
    * File name: 8310EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_ Voda_Australia.exe
    * File size: 72.6MB

Don't forger to delete the Vendor XML file.

Download now!

Is it possible to install this upgrade using my BB without the use of my computer? I don't think I have desktop manager ( not sure what the equivalent would be on my computer ) and I'm not sure how to back up my files on my phone either.... I have MacOSX G5. Can anyone help me with this? I have a Curve 8330 with 4.3 os

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Cubward,

You need the Desktop Manager to install a new OS on your device and as of right now, there is no version of the Desktop Manager that will work on a Mac. You'll need to set up a Windows partition in order to accomplish this or ask a friend to download the DM onto their PC from here.