Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thanks for the quick responses.. Im going to take a look through the posts and ... RIM Handheld OS forum

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F

Advertisement

Thanks for the quick responses.. Im going to take a look through the posts and see what i come up with. Im kinda skeptical about using a different carriers OS. Especially with all the problems that come up... and with all the different versions that are available... just a bit confusing ...

blackberryjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by phiv5e View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses.. Im going to take a look through the posts and see what i come up with. Im kinda skeptical about using a different carriers OS. Especially with all the problems that come up... and with all the different versions that are available... just a bit confusing ...

Yea i know...dont blame ya...good luck....
    "The only person you are destined to be is the person you decide to be."

The Boss no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    312B6F6D
    Thank you jay, very helpful....

no problem...

Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    Thank you jay, very helpful....

we have to rep with our 8830s...4.2 is not cool...lol....im jokin...we have to gettcha upgraded...no problem...good luck...

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    So I did the jl commander and now its still not recognizing anything. Please someone help

PIN/ID
    312B6F6D
    Hey BBJay, i downloaded the 4.5 OS, but when i plug in my BB and go on the BB desktop, it doesnt prompt me to update the OS... Do u know whats going on?

Quote Originally Posted by antoinetteL3 View Post
    So I did the jl commander and now its still not recognizing anything. Please someone help

check this link out....browse thru it ...it might help u out...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=87658&page=15

keep the battery out until it reaches the erasing part...good luck....

[quote=The Boss;898532]Hey BBJay, i downloaded the 4.5 OS, but when i plug in my BB and go on the BB desktop, it doesnt prompt me to update the OS... Do u know whats going on?[/quote

did you delete the xml vendor file

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinetteL3 View Post
    double click application loader and see if it brings up a small window with your PIN and a place to put pw. if you don't have a pw, just click ok.

Hey BBJay, i downloaded the 4.5 OS, but when i plug in my BB and go on the BB desktop, it doesnt prompt me to update the OS... Do u know whats going on?

Here's a quick How To on installing 4.x.

Follow these instructions exactly and you should be able to have OS 4.x working.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) If you haven't already, download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded. If you are downloading the OS specific for your carrier you can skip step 5. I other words if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an At&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-At&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).

8) When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.

9) If you didn't backup first you should select to do so now.

10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

PIN/ID
    312B6F6D
    Ok cool, got it, i hadnt deleted the xml vendor, but im ready to go....

Ok cool, got it, i hadnt deleted the xml vendor, but im ready to go....

ok cool...let me know...i posted instructions...and sometimes the ringtone folder doesnt get transfered....send me ur email and i can email u the folder for ringtones and alerts so u can save them to ur storage card...its really easy

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    double click application loader and see if it brings up a small window with your PIN and a place to put pw. if you don't have a pw, just click ok.
    Yes, I opened Dm and clicked on App Loader. I put in my password and when it loads after that nothing comes up. It states that I dont have a OS on my phone. I'm really trying not to freak out b/c it seems like nothing is working. Did I miss a step?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you have the OS installed on your PC? in DM, from homescreen, click help, about DM, then click the last tab titled device software. what is listed?

how bout rebooting the PC?