Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish Haven't heard of that specific problem. Check your battery to see ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ramy68 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20750D01

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Haven't heard of that specific problem. Check your battery to see if it's low?
    Well its strange cause it shut off twice while charging and once while it was just idle. I didn't have this problem before I upgraded. Everything else is fine with the phone. I'm not too sure whats going on.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ramy68 View Post
    Well its strange cause it shut off twice while charging and once while it was just idle. I didn't have this problem before I upgraded. Everything else is fine with the phone. I'm not too sure whats going on.
    You may have a bad handset. If it is, it'll most likely get worse and when it does, shuffle on down your your local carrier and get it replaced.

I don't think the OS can cause this - to prove it go back to your previous release and see if it happens.

Has anyone heard of a BB shutting off power as a result of an OS upgrade?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ramy68 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20750D01
    I'll try downgrading and see how it goes. Thanks for the input.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Maybe I should just wait for version .46 since I can not get .45.0.81 to work. Thank you guys for all your help.'
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I was able to install it sucessfully, and it's running smoothly on by 8120.

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    For someone that has installed .81 successfully, could you tell me the exact steps that you took? I had to uninstall it and now I can't get it to recognize the .81 in DM. Ugh I want it to work. Thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    when you uninstalled it, did you do this thru control panel/add or remove apps?

after you uninstalled it, did you reboot the PC? if not, try that. then reinstall it, not forgetting to delete the vendor.xml file

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have an 8120 and I am also having the reboot problem. I've been trying to figure out if it's related to something specific but it seems entirely random. It usually happens when I'm doing something native to BB (ie not 3rd party app) but different thing each time. I tried looking at the event log but nothing stands out. I do not think this is a phone problem, I think it is related to this OS! This hasn't happened once to me prior to installing this upgrade.

I am also not able to go to the BB website on my browser since the upgrade. My browser is set to "Internet Browser" and all my other bookmarks work fine, but when I go to the BB site, it says: "The BlackBerry HELP! website is designed for use with the BlackBerry browser. Learn more about Blackberry here."

I upgraded from my previous version of 4.5 because of a memory leak but think I'm going back to it for now...

doodie123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    can sum1 plz tell me what languages this version of the os provides
    if u kno plz post as well as pm
    itt would be greatfully appreciated

gar_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F733A
    I'm having pretty much the same that Cherri had. DM 4.6 won't let me do anything.....when I try to backup nothing is available. The 8310 shows to be running .81 but I have no contacts or calender, etc.
    I don't have jl_cmdr on the phone so I downloaded it but DM won't load it with the app loader. Again everything greyed out.
    I've tried wiping the phone by the options/security/general/wipe,.... but it doesn't seem to work.
    I don't know if I should redownload .81 or try to go back to .52.
    Is there a way to get jl_cmdr OTA?
    I've done several OS upgrades but this is the worst nightmare yet;(

PIN/ID
    ATA
    gar -- jl_cmder is a desktop tool. you would plug your bb in, double click jl_cmder from your desktop and follow the prompts to wipe it

if you are prepared to wipe the device, then go for it ... it will, in the end, give you a app error 507 -- which means there is no OS on your BB. once this is done, launch DM. it probably won't connect (show connected via your PIN number on the bottom of DM). double click app loader and it should pop up a little window with your PIN in it and ask for your password (i do not have one so i just clicked ok). click the left side "add new" and let it run thru everything. then it will bring up a window with the os listed. scroll down to make sure pertinent things are checked (bbm, tasks, memo, help, etc) and then click next (or ok ... doing this all from memory )

post back with your progress

::EDIT:: it should be known that you will lose all third party applications and will have to reinstall those.

gar_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F733A
    Thanx Cherri
    I can handle the third party apps.....the're backed up on paper..lol...........I just want to get my DM back to where I can backup and restore........and have my contacts and calender back.
    I live out in the hills so I'll be another hour or so downloading. I'll post the results when I get there.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok i know what you are going thru! but let me say that it was NOT DM that was causing these issues. i know this bc i plugged in my pearl running 4.5 to see if the restore would work on it and it did, NO problems. so wiping the device, and reinstalling .81 worked for me. no uninstalling/reinstalling necessary. just the wipe and the steps above...

good luck!

Fa814N no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey guys, i'm really new in this things of bb, i want to learn almost everything about bb.

does somebody know if there's BlackBerry Handheld Software for mexico telcel?? please let me know.

also please help me... i want to change the theme, and when i want to download a theme, all are in .jad, what do i need to do.
    i was reading that the supported ext for themes is *.axl.
    let me know what do i need to do...........

thaks.

blackberryjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    anybody have the link for the 8820 .81 update....please help me out thanx....
    "The only person you are destined to be is the person you decide to be."