Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

I don't know where to find th vendor xml file!..that's the only thing holding me ... RIM Handheld OS forum

danny v no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AFF1C6

Advertisement

I don't know where to find th vendor xml file!..that's the only thing holding me back from upgrading my 8100!..can someone pleease help me?!..would be greatly appeciated!..~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    copy and paste this into your adress bar
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    My Thoughts: Why upgrade?

Is your BlackBerry not working?

Does your BlackBerry _need_ to be upgraded?

Why_ does it need to be upgraded?

Have you _read_ the guide posted here on the forum explaining how to do it?

What have you _done_ to prepare for the upgrade?

Think about it.

If you ask yourself these questions _before jumping in_ you may choose to make a different decision than to "just do it" because you want the latest.

Remember, newer is not always better, and why get in over your head when a little preparation would save you a lot of time & frustration?

My chosen approach is to first identify what's new in the upgrade. Are others having problems with it? Will I truly benefit by performing an upgrade? If yes, then I do the upgrade. If no, then I celebrate the time I've saved.

Cheers....
    sent via BlackBerry
    while not driving...

~(wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by c21celia View Post
    Hello there I wanted to ask a question. I am new at this so please bear with me. Once I down load the new program how do delete that file? I have a 2 phone Blackberry curve from at &t and Blackberry pearl 8100 from tmobile? One more question. On the pearl 8100 I do not have gps on it. what is your recommendation on what do? I read the blog but there are somany ideas i don't know what to do? Investing in the puck (i think that what they called it)? or a program that either I pay monthly or yearly?
    c21, your question got overlooked probably because it included several items not pertinent to this thread. With that said, look at the upgrade instructions here and that will tell you how including when and how to delete the vendor file. Take your time will all of it - it will probably take more than an hour to complete.

On the GPS, T-mobile doesn't offer GPS on the 8100 or other phones so, if you want GPS you'll have to invest in a GPS puck and connect it via bluetooth to your 8100 - you can use Google Maps to provide the info - it's free and a great program. You can download it here. There is no voice command with this method. good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks for the update! Loaded onto my 8310 and my BF's 8300 perfectly. I was a little scared because earlier in the day I had trouble backing up my curve but I didn't encounter any errors during the upgrade from .69. The upgrade actually fixed the issue I assume because I performed a backup immediately following the OS upgrade and it worked just fine.

8320Curve no está en línea Stack level 2
    8320 going from .75 to .81 DM will not sync. says it cant find the connection even though i can add/remove programs, etc. it loses the connection when first connected to the cable but then regains it and does its' thing - less sync. specifically, i cant change the sync configuration.

JCC92 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Easy there, cactus! It does not say one way or the other when you go to the download site.
    I am not sure to understand is there french language in this realease or not

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by 8320Curve View Post
    8320 going from .75 to .81 DM will not sync. says it cant find the connection even though i can add/remove programs, etc. it loses the connection when first connected to the cable but then regains it and does its' thing - less sync. specifically, i cant change the sync configuration.
    Can you be a little more specific in describing what you've done? Have you successfully upgraded to .81 and merely trying to sync? Did you remove .75 before installing .81 to your p-c?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Have you successfully upgraded to .81 and merely trying to sync?
    yes

Did you remove .75 before installing .81 to your p-c?
    yes

8320, Just to make sure, we're not dealing with a loose connections here, are we? Can you jiggle the cable near where it's connected to the BB and make sure? I've had that problem before. Then, please describe what you're trying to sync - contacts, calendar, other and how you have it set up. I'm a little confused about the losing connection description you gave.

DM will establish a connection then say it cant connect then it reconnects on its' own. the cable is fine an plugged directly to a MB header and not a hub. if need be i will wipe it with jlcommander and see if i can get it that way.

trying to setup the initial sync settings. i do not want the device to over right my outlook information.

Wiping is certainly something you can try if nothing else works. If you have a recent back up of the device hang on to it! I assume that you can't take one but if you can do that too.

Also, are you using a new (to you...or this process) Desktop Manager? If so, I'd go back to one that you know has worked for you. For example, I'm still using DM 4.3 because it works SO well. I've had a few issues with more recent ones and I saw no reason to go to either DM 4.5 or 4.6 because of that.

If you start over take your time and follow instructions carefully. Stop at the first sign of a problem if you have one. I'm sure that you will do all that but it never hurts to say it again.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I'm about to head to a friends house in about an hour from now. I can finially upgrade my phone. I just hope I don't run into any problems.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS BETA!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I'm about to head to a friends house in about an hour from now. I can finially upgrade my phone. I just hope I don't run into any problems.

---

--HeavyC.

Heavy, Just do everything right, follow instructions, don't make any mistakes and you'll be fine.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    jblackfish,

Sometimes the upgrade just acts up even when you did everything right.

---

--HeavyC.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast