Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi everyone... sorry to bother with the dreaded browser problem. buti have read all the ... RIM Handheld OS forum

d56t no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202905e0

Question No Browser have tried EVERYTHING!

Advertisement

hi everyone... sorry to bother with the dreaded browser problem. buti have read all the threads in here and been on phone with cingular for sevral hours. seems everything is ok on there end but i still cant get my broswer to work. i can get opera browser working but on cingulars wap, not BIS. any suggestions

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: No Browser have tried EVERYTHING!

Try resending your service book.

JackTChance no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Try resending your service book.
    I second that. Sometimes the browser Service Book doesn't get sent down to your device.

Assuming that you're on BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0, you'll have an Email Set-up icon on your home screen. Click that, and one of your options should be Service Books. Use that option to resend service books to your BB.

Good luck getting your browsing up & running!
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize...
    half of them are stupider than that!
    ;-)

Michaels no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2429E006

go to options,go to advanced,go to Hosting Routing Table, click thumbwheel and click register now

PIN/ID
    202905e0

i have treid all of that and it wont work. also, the gprs icon is lower case and cingular said it needed to be uppercase, he could not get my phone to react to whatever he was trying to do.

PIN/ID
    202905e0

also, any chance that theres an area outage of gprs, perhaps thats why i cant receve service books ?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm assuming you blackberry browser icon is not there? Make sure it's not hidden. Try the shortcut 'B' see if that brings it up. Are you on a BES and perhaps it's disabled?
    Couple more suggestions, make sure your default browser is set to Blackberry Browser. Go to Options, Advanced, Browser to change this setting.
    Also you can try this. Go to Options, Advanced, Service Book. Now delete the one for Blackberry Internet Browsing. Then click the trackwheel and undelete. Or try to resend the service books at that point, this will ensure you have the latest and correct books.
    Now if you're in all lowercase gprs, the broswer will probably not work or not work correctly. Try to turn off the wireless and turn it back on, also perhaps a hard reboot. And check that your network selection is set to automatic for the strongest network signal.

PIN/ID
    202905e0

well when i go to the hidden browser it will open the browser and says i have no serivce book entries, it will not let tme select a default browser. I think the prior owner has it on BES but i do not know hot to deactivate that. when i go to service book entries there is nothing listed. i have treid sending them to myself 10 times and still nothing. i have done sevral hard resets.

m@
    m@ no está en línea Stack level 1

I too had lost my internet browser a couple of weeks ago and could not figure out why. I just followed the above instructions and registerd on under the Host Routing Table and BINGO, the internet browser appeared. I then made it my default browser and now Yahoo! Go works.

8700 on cingular

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If the prior owner was on a BES, chances are the only way you're going to help yourself out is to completely wipe the operating system and reload. I'm mobile right now, but there are links on how to do this that I'm sure someone here can find for you if you can't. It involves something called a javaloader wipe and you can find it on this site to download. Be prepared to spend an hour or more doing this, but I'm pretty sure it may be your only option, but will do the trick.
    If you run into issues, don't worry, we'll help!

PIN/ID
    202905e0

ok i will try this . haha attempt**

jpfinne no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CAC0

Check the options/security/general settings to see ift here is ANY reference to IT Policy. If there is follow the guide @ http://blackberry.ig3.net/ to remove it. It is also a good idea to download the lastest software for your device and install that. I had to follow that guide yesterday for one of my users and it worked like a charm. Let us know how it goes.

PIN/ID
    202905e0

well i completly erased my device and reinstalled the OS and still no blackberry browser
    also it is still reading "gprs" lowercase

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by d56t
    well i completly erased my device and reinstalled the OS and still no blackberry browser
    also it is still reading "gprs" lowercase
    d56t, after you finished with the reinstall, did you resend the service books and then a battery pull?

PIN/ID
    202905e0

havent done a battery pull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast