Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

would this work for t-mobile uk? i cant put in my number to download it ... RIM Handheld OS forum

smokeyuk no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: NEW!!!! T-Mobile Pearl OS 4.2.1.107

Advertisement

would this work for t-mobile uk? i cant put in my number to download it as i dont think it recognises uk numbers...

winzlo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

I stand corrected, this OS is not working as well as I originally thought. The wireless data connection keeps dropping to the point where I do not get e-mails to the phone, even after deleting my service books and re-sending them, and re-registering on the wireless network. The only fix is to restart the phone, or turn wireless off and back on.

These issues are serious enough for me to go back to 4.2.0.64, as no 4.2.1 operating system has been stable on the 8100's. Thanks for nothing, RIM. I'm about to run this thing over with my car and buy an 8800.

smokeyuk no está en línea Stack level 1

cant believe it was so simple. updated in half an hour... The only question i do have though, is how do you reduce the volume of the keypress ? ive switched it of for now..

winzlo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Well, after downgrading back to 4.2.0.64 and giving my 8100 to my wife, I went out and purchased a Curve 8320 with OS 4.2.2.171, which is light-years ahead of 4.2.1. I talked with T-Mobile a few times and they have admitted audio dropping and dropped calls still occur on 107, which is exactly what I encountered when I upgraded.

I think 103 was actually MORE stable than 107, even though it had some occasional Java errors in the media player. I didn't have the dropped calls issue in 103, and not a single 4.2.1 OS has resolved the dropped audio issue I've been having every few calls I make.

Just figure I'd pass my experiences along, since it seems that each person gets different results with their 8100 OS's. My recommendation is to not upgrade past 4.2.0.64 at this point. The 2gb Micro SD limitation is kind of annoying, but for those of us with iPod's, storing music on the 8100 was impractical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12