Ok, so I downloaded the new 4.5.0.42 OS. It seems like I've been having nothing ... RIM Handheld OS forum

timastyle no está en línea Stack level 2

New OS, ton of problems. Reinstall OS? Can anyone help?

Advertisement

Ok, so I downloaded the new 4.5.0.42 OS. It seems like I've been having nothing but problems. I actually had the same type of probs with the 4.5.0.37 version as well.

Blackberry Messenger Issue
    My BBM has been giving me nothing but problems. I do not receive all of my BBMs and it also shows a contact typing, but nothing comes through.

Errors
    I keep getting unexpected errors messages. This happens mostly in relation to BBM.

Voicemail Notification
    I do not get a voicemail notification or message box anymore when I have a voicemail from a missed call.

What I was thinking is to completely reinstall my phone including the OS and revert back to the 4.2.0.127 version that T-Mobile has for my phone. I had no issues with this OS.

I figured I'd ask you all and get your opinions. Any suggestions?

One last thing...I would also like to remove some of the unnnecessary files already loaded on the phone, such as preloaded media, unwanted shortcuts, etc. How would I go about doing this?

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    4.5.37 for about 3Days no issues but i have no VM notifications maybe it's because it's beta still...

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also had many issues when I installed it first time. Later I figured out many conflict with 3rd apps sw then I reinstall the fw and delete all the 3rd apps. From then I had no problem at all. For some features, it's server version dependant.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    personally, i would downgrade and wait for a better release ... but that's just me and you were asking for opinions

i have upgraded to every beta and now the official releases and cannot get passed the few minor quirks/bugs. i feel like i have upgraded and downgraded more on this curve than any other bb i've ever owned.

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does anyone have any instructions on how to downgrade the OS on your blackberry? I downloaded the OS but if I install it, it still shows the 4.5 OS.

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    Quote Originally Posted by rprewitt View Post
    Does anyone have any instructions on how to downgrade the OS on your blackberry? I downloaded the OS but if I install it, it still shows the 4.5 OS.
    Make sure you uninstall the 4.5 software you already have loaded on your pc. Once you do that, install the 4.2 *or whatever your putting back on there* and then it wont take the downgrade until you delete the vendor.xml file.

That file is located by default at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Once you delete that file, plug your bb in and load up desktop manager it should trigger the 4.2 downgrade.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreidel View Post
    Make sure you uninstall the 4.5 software you already have loaded on your pc. Once you do that, install the 4.2 *or whatever your putting back on there* and then it wont take the downgrade until you delete the vendor.xml file.

That file is located by default at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Once you delete that file, plug your bb in and load up desktop manager it should trigger the 4.2 downgrade.
    To downgrade, you'll actually have to hit app loader...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, someone else told me that I needed to run the wipe from the JL_Cmder program then reload the OS. So I currently have the 507error

I ran the JL_Cmder wipe and am now in the process of trying to reinstall the former OS from AT&T. I deleted the vender.xml file and am crossing my fingers. I basically need to reinstall v4.2.2 OS

EDIT: I probably should have waited for your reply before wiping my OS with JL_Cmder. The OS download from AT&T is not working. Back to the Search button lol

EDIT2: To reload OS after using JL_Cmder wipe
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html

Gotta love the search button
    Last edited by rprewitt; 06-19-2008 at 06:27 PM.