marrechea no está en línea Stack Level 1

Re: New BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 features

Advertisement

This is Great LOve it!!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    SR,

You need a "happy pill!" Sorry you're having such a bad experience with your curve. Maybe you can describe some of the "random stupid crappy" stuff that your phone does and we can help you out with it - or help you understand if you don't. We on this forum LOVE BB's, with or without a new OS release. Let know if we can help.

jblackfish
    I meant that offer to help in all seriousness! I don't like to see an uphappy BB owner and always hope that we can perform "conversion" measures if possible.

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

I meant that offer to help in all seriousness! I don't like to see an uphappy BB owner and always hope that we can perform "conversion" measures if possible.
    Well said; after all, one of the goals of this forum is to help folks in need.

kitk7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by SR_man_49 View Post
    The material used to make the phone is garbage.
    Yeah, I totally agree with this. I had a Sidekick II for two years and beat the hell out of that phone and when I got my Curve in December, it was still working awesomely. My bb is so fragile and the plastic is so... plasticky... and flimsy, and just, ugh, for such a highly touted device, the material is god awful.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

i do agree, curve is made of poop. my old pearl took alot of beating and still solid. Curve on the other hand seems to be more fragile device, but i still love it. Each time i see people with 8700 i get joules as i know it can take a beating, and i never got around to using scroll wheel, it looks cool. (I got the pearl when it first came out). I guess mobile devices are same as PCs, the more advanced they get, the cheaper parts become.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Honestly guys, (and I'll let it go with this comment)

I don't think RIM (or any manufacturer hand sets) is trying to produce handsets that you can "beat the hell out of" without consequence. If they were, they'd come encased in thick rubber. Many products (including cars) are made of lighter materials than they used to be. Hopefully they're more durable - they don't rust - but try to appreciate the technology that you can carry around in your pocket with a Blackberry and many of the others: phone calls, test/data messages, internet (which includes an unlimited number of possibilities) and a number of ways to access it, GPS, wi-fi (in some), etc., etc. These aren't battle axes - they're delicate instruments.

If you want something that you can abuse without worry of breakage, try doing all those functions with a tin can and a string. (I had to dig for that one and you guys may have to look it up - use your curves and google tin can+string.)

Happy stacking! jblackfish

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Honestly guys, (and I'll let it go with this comment)

I don't think RIM (or any manufacturer hand sets) is trying to produce handsets that you can "beat the hell out of" without consequence. If they were, they'd come encased in thick rubber. Many products (including cars) are made of lighter materials than they used to be. Hopefully they're more durable - they don't rust - but try to appreciate the technology that you can carry around in your pocket with a Blackberry and many of the others: phone calls, test/data messages, internet (which includes an unlimited number of possibilities) and a number of ways to access it, GPS, wi-fi (in some), etc., etc. These aren't battle axes - they're delicate instruments.

If you want something that you can abuse without worry of breakage, try doing all those functions with a tin can and a string. (I had to dig for that one and you guys may have to look it up - use your curves and google tin can+string.)

Happy stacking! jblackfish
    I agree, if you want something that can take a beating, I think there are still Nextel phones available...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

hey can anyone confirm this OS is not going to be for the 8100????

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

It is coming for the 8100. There is a wrong post about that.

The 8100 is getting 4.3, I used it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

i have used the 4.3 that was here way back also but now someone is saying the 8100 is not getting it that does not make much sense i hope that is not true

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

I already had my pearl for a while, and it didn't brake once (i mean like the housing broke, etc) I play soccer with it, Catch,throw it across the class room lol and nothing happens to it! It might look like a delicate phone, But i think its a tank... (like motorola v360) so i don't think 8100 is so bad.

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd

I have not encountered any "random stupid crap" while using the curve, but I do agree that the pearl was built a bit better in the track ball area. The rest of the device I think is built pretty well.

Serious question, what do you consider "random stupid crap" anyway? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aboogy58 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305AE3CF

Its always good tip when I log on. Nothing but good talk. I know since I've signed up I gave become so in tune with my pearl 8100. I think it the best.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Regarding that 8100 4.3 from a few months back, which I still have, has there been any progress in getting the camera to work?

If so please post details of what to do or where to get the fixed software.

Also are the rumors that Asia has an official release of the 4.3 or 5 OS true?

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3

not quite sure if this is where i should post this question but anywho does anyone know if the sprint tv would be included for the 8830 in the new update 4.5 i know it didnt exactly say on that one page that was floating around here but just was wondering if they would automatically include it tyvm

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast