Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by surianto Yup, palm was one of the best until palm hasn't developed ... RIM Handheld OS forum

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 features

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by surianto View Post
    Yup, palm was one of the best until palm hasn't developed new major os change.
    True. What made it worse was that the updates didn't resolve some of the fundamental issues (BT) or made things worse (DTMF tones) and rarely added new features.

RIM certainly has a much better foundation than PalmOS which is partly why the BB has the "it just works" reputation for reliability (in a very good way). At the same time, they are going to have to continue to innovate now that they are playing for keeps in the consumer market.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

So the 4.3 update should be available for all previous models soon?
    My sister wants video recording on my old 8100 BADLY.
    /~*brooke

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

From what I've read, it'll be available for the 81xx, 83x, 87xx, and 88xx devices. How soon is the hard part to answer, but it looks like 2Q08.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

chubbychibimeui no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2436BFEA

Smile Re: New BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 features

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kidd View Post
    Can it be downloaded yet ?

AT&T Told me there is no 4.3 yet

AT&T is full of crap. Who did you ask. a ccare rep? phone reps make s**t up so they can get back to solitaire. ha

danny_mckinn no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey Cisco,

Strong feels about AT&T I see, I share your feels about them as well. Have been working on one of my associates for several years to get them to switch to another carrier. Some of the ccare folks I have talked to over the years at several different companies have tried very hard to be helpful but when you come to a gun fight with nothing more than nail clippers you just don't have much chance of winning. I would imagine that most of them have less technical knowledge than those they are trying to help. Not their fault, they are only given the nail clippers.

Jamler no está en línea Stack level 1

Being in the PM business... I'm finding it hard to deal with all this speculation...
    - First 4.3 was to be available EOY '07
    - Then we heard End of Feb '08
    - Sombody said above it looks like End of 2Q '08 (Thats JUNE folks... )

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CONFIRMED DATE OR TARGET AT LEAST...?

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Quote Originally Posted by Jamler View Post
    Being in the PM business... I'm finding it hard to deal with all this speculation...

No sir. This won't happen until we actually know the status of the OS. If it'll be ready for release or not.. We know its in beta, but it will not be known for release until known stable. So these people who are speculating... do not listen.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jamler View Post

Yes it is all speculation at this point, don't get so up tight about it. But isn't it great to see that an outstanding product like the BlackBerry is getting better? I have both the 8310 and 8820 and if I have to wait until the end of fiscal 2008 I can wait. No need lay awake at night waiting, is there?
    My two cents.
    Thanks for keeping us posted Hayden.

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When it finally comes out the servers will probably crash from the 20 million people trying to download it all at once...lolĄ pure irony! It will come when its comes and we all will get it and we all will be happy.. Nuff said. Unless you're progressing the development firsthand, if you aint helping, patience! Lol

epiticus1 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

I agree. Another site stated February 29th as the release date but I wouldn't count on it. Besides, I found out the the 8100 still won't get the video function. I'm gonna have to upgrade to something besides an 8100 to be able to create and send video. That's a real bummer!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

I heard the 4.3 will be able to read 8GB MicroSD cards, is this true? I ordered one and it would be messed up if it couldn't.

jeffseggelke no está en línea Stack level 1

does anyone know how to stop the shaking and itching?

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

by waiting!

SR_man_49 no está en línea Stack level 1

Im going to be honest....RIM sucks. Im willing to bet that they are holding the new firmware off to hype sale's of the BB. The verizon pearl already has OS 4.3 so why isnt it available for any of the GSM pearls? its not like the hardware is THAT different.

On a side note Im kinda glad I got my Curve for $150. The phone sucks it constantly does random stupid crap. The material used to make the phone is garbage. The 2mp camera is about the same as the razr camera, and its 3rd party support is pretty low.

4.3/4.5 will not be released until atleast the end of this year, and thats IF RIM doesnt drop it by then.

/end rant

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by SR_man_49 View Post
    Im going to be honest....RIM sucks. Im willing to bet that they are holding the new firmware off to hype sale's of the BB. The verizon pearl already has OS 4.3 so why isnt it available for any of the GSM pearls? its not like the hardware is THAT different.

On a side note Im kinda glad I got my Curve for $150. The phone sucks it constantly does random stupid crap. The material used to make the phone is garbage. The 2mp camera is about the same as the razr camera, and its 3rd party support is pretty low.

4.3/4.5 will not be released until atleast the end of this year, and thats IF RIM doesnt drop it by then.

/end rant
    SR,

You need a "happy pill!" Sorry you're having such a bad experience with your curve. Maybe you can describe some of the "random stupid crappy" stuff that your phone does and we can help you out with it - or help you understand if you don't. We on this forum LOVE BB's, with or without a new OS release. Let know if we can help.

jblackfish

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast