Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~like ive said their prolly adding stuff... RIM Handheld OS forum

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: New BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 features

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~like ive said their prolly adding stuff

SR_man_49 no está en línea Stack level 1

I dont see why you guys are still trippin? You know deep down it wasnt going to be released.

You'd figure if they where going to add stuff they would do it in an update prior to 4.3/4.5. Its just a hype from RIM. Im almost to the point where I'd bet money it isnt released until atleast oct. of 08.

I will say it again. CDMA 8100 has had 4.3 for AWHILE! If rim was going to release it to GPS BB's it would have been done ALONG time ago.
    Last edited by SR_man_49; 03-04-2008 at 10:40 PM.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I think the most important thing we have to remember that this update is just playing catch up.

I have used the browser on a 8100 with 4.3 and its just very similar to opera, video recording has been available on even the lowest form of mobiles for years and true HTML email is just a cleaner view of empower. This 'update' is just features that other phones or companies have had out for years.

If RIM are really going after the private market then they need to get original.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by SR_man_49 View Post
    I dont see why you guys are still trippin? You know deep down it wasnt going to be released.

You'd figure if they where going to add stuff they would do it in an update prior to 4.3/4.5. Its just a hype from RIM. Im almost to the point where I'd bet money it isnt released until atleast oct. of 08.

I will say it again. CDMA 8100 has had 4.3 for AWHILE! If rim was going to release it to GPS BB's it would have been done ALONG time ago.
    I could of sworn it was the 8130 with 4.3! Anyways they put 4.3 on that because they had it ready for it. With the idea of releasing for all but sense then they have came up with more features and probably a better all around os which is now called 4.5. Hmmm. Its almost like I have summed up all the threads and posts in one paragraph. Less reading for you!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol yeah I'm telling you watch there's going to be extra features we don't know about watch lol

special k no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is this now available? For 8100?

mkroll no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    I think the most important thing we have to remember that this update is just playing catch up.

I have used the browser on a 8100 with 4.3 and its just very similar to opera, video recording has been available on even the lowest form of mobiles for years and true HTML email is just a cleaner view of empower. This 'update' is just features that other phones or companies have had out for years.

If RIM are really going after the private market then they need to get original.
    That's easy to say when you're comparing the BB's against devices that are absolutely toys first, and useful phone devices dead last, if at all.

I've tried them all: Treo - junk (includes both OS's). HTC - a real piece of junk (OS and hardware). In fact, most "PDA" phones are total junk! Poor battery life, slow to react to key presses, poor audio (who needs good audio??), poor screen visibility, no enterprise level security or device management (What's that asks the kid on the PlayStation eating the Twinkies??) The list goes on and on.

I keep trying to give these other phones a chance, but after 3 or 4 weeks, I'm back to a reliable Blackberry!

If you want to text message your friends in 6th grade, or send them videos of your new lipstick, or play games, get some other device. If you have REAL work to do, and REALLY rely on the availability of your phone and email service, get a BB.

I just hope that RIM doesn't do anything to try to "catch up" (LOL!!!) with what the "kiddies" perceive to be their competition!

No need to go "mainstream" here, trying satisfy everyone, only to find you've tapped into a market that will pitch their current devices in favor of a neon pink and orange chrome nose-ring mounted smell-o-phone that comes out.

Don't ruin it RIM!!!

-Matt

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

Lets hope the rest of your posts are as focused as your first.
    Perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by mkroll View Post
    That's easy to say when you're comparing the BB's against devices that are absolutely toys first, and useful phone devices dead last, if at all.

I've tried them all: Treo - junk (includes both OS's). HTC - a real piece of junk (OS and hardware). In fact, most "PDA" phones are total junk! Poor battery life, slow to react to key presses, poor audio (who needs good audio??), poor screen visibility, no enterprise level security or device management (What's that asks the kid on the PlayStation eating the Twinkies??) The list goes on and on.

I keep trying to give these other phones a chance, but after 3 or 4 weeks, I'm back to a reliable Blackberry!

If you want to text message your friends in 6th grade, or send them videos of your new lipstick, or play games, get some other device. If you have REAL work to do, and REALLY rely on the availability of your phone and email service, get a BB.

I just hope that RIM doesn't do anything to try to "catch up" (LOL!!!) with what the "kiddies" perceive to be their competition!

No need to go "mainstream" here, trying satisfy everyone, only to find you've tapped into a market that will pitch their current devices in favor of a neon pink and orange chrome nose-ring mounted smell-o-phone that comes out.

Don't ruin it RIM!!!

-Matt
    Well put man but that new 9000 series sounds pretty sweet

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Quote Originally Posted by mkroll View Post

Don't ruin it RIM!!!

-Matt
    From what im reading RIM are going to go mainstream as it make business sense. Just look at the revenue raised by Apple with the iphone. And there is now a PINK pearl available so it started already.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~screw apple lol rim supposed to stay underground like good hip hop and what I mean by that is that they have a steady following and when people hear about it they all want to checkit out then when they do they never go back

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~because their consistant with their products and if they go mainstream products aren't as good

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is this update going to be for all blackberry's? And is Device Software the same as OS?

killer2239 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CB69B1
    I just got the 8830 today and getting used to it. Although i feel like iv been using it already for a bit. And everyones all hyped about a new one. haha

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Jeez I keep coming back here week after week to see if 4.5 is out yet, and it still isn't. What is taking so long?