I know there is already a thread on the 507 but I wanted to start ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3

NEW 507 Problems - Big help needed

Advertisement

I know there is already a thread on the 507 but I wanted to start fresh.

I had v4.3 OS on my BB
    I have got a fresh install of Windows XP - The only thing installed is BB software so far.

I connected to www-blackberry-com/upgrades and followed all instructions on there. I installed the software as instructed - rebooted - reconnected to upgrades. Plugged in my phone and off we go. Clicked through all the links and chose what I wanted installing - 4.5 etc. Start.........

Erased all applications, loaded system software, waiting for device initialsation, connecting to JVM - failed. Now have 507 on BB screen.

Took phone to carphone warehoues who wanted to send it to. Read other thread and stopped them sending it, collected phone and tried other instructions.

Downloaded 4.5 OS and 4.6 DM. Installed both locally instead. Rebooted just to make sure.

Followed instructions, removed battery etc, chose software, start.......erasing applications goes up a couple o nothches so insert battery and wait. Loading system software...... waiting for device initialisation....connecting to JVM ....FAILED

During the 'waiting for device initialisation' stage the phone reboots and windows drops the USB connection and picks it back up immediately. You hear the windows event sound and the yellow boxes appear.

At the same time you see the BB reboot. Red LED flashes as normal, white screen, hour glass for a few seconds, then 507. Nothing else happens.

Where am I going wrong?

Do I need to take this back to CPW and have them send it off, taking up to 28 days to fix?

All help greatly received.

my-stressed-linuxbox

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Not sure what's exactly is happening here. It could be numerous things.

I found this:
    Device Errors 505 and 507

What device do you have? It seems like it's not loading correctly for some reason.

Have you tried to use jl_cmder and wipe it completely first then try the installation?

Are you able to get even load the old 4.3 OS back on the device?

I have not tried jl_cmder - where do I get that from?

I cannot load any OS to it. Tried going back to 4.3 earlier this morning and same problem.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Lavagirl has instructions in her blog HERE

there's a download link in there also. Give that a try hopefully that helps. If not post back.

just found the blog on here.

I have read on other threads about deleting the vendor file. I have downloaded the Orange UK version 4.5OS and I am on Orange. Do I need to delete the vendor file?

alai99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    delete it anyway. it wouldn't hurt.

I now have a working Blackberry - I also have a faulty USB connection on my PC

Got a laptop instead and that installed the OS first time.!!!!!!!!!

Did think though during the install that it had failed and got really p----d o-- with it when the 507 screen appeared for a few seconds. Then saw it re-load.

Thanks for all your help.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by mylinuxbox View Post
    I now have a working Blackberry - I also have a faulty USB connection on my PC

Got a laptop instead and that installed the OS first time.!!!!!!!!!

Did think though during the install that it had failed and got really p----d o-- with it when the 507 screen appeared for a few seconds. Then saw it re-load.

Thanks for all your help.
    Good to see you up and running again. Glad you narrowed it down.