Hello All, I need help please. I ended up not liking the delay on bbm ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3

Need help - want old bbm back!!

Advertisement

Hello All,
    I need help please. I ended up not liking the delay on bbm 5 and decided to uninstall. I deleted bbm 5 through options, advanced options, etc...
    Then went into DM, and installed bbm 4.6 from OS on my pc. Install looked ok... Now the BBM 4.6 shows on my app list, but there is no icon for it. I've tried a battery pull, and re-sending service books. What did I do wrong, and how can I fix it?

indocontest no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi Zbats, Could you upload BBM4.6 here. I want to get back to my old BBM too.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Fixed It!! Yay!

Ok, what I did was go to blackberry.com and then do the update device software option. It recognized that the only thing missing was BBM, and that is what was installed. Didn't take too long, either...

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbats View Post
    Hello All,
    I need help please. I ended up not liking the delay on bbm 5 and decided to uninstall. I deleted bbm 5 through options, advanced options, etc...
    Then went into DM, and installed bbm 4.6 from OS on my pc. Install looked ok... Now the BBM 4.6 shows on my app list, but there is no icon for it. I've tried a battery pull, and re-sending service books. What did I do wrong, and how can I fix it?

For me atleast a quick battery pull got rid of the delay, just a heads up.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MiTai no está en línea Stack level 1
    Alright im having the same problem over here.. i have BBM 5 now and wanna downgrade.. i tried deleting it through my desktop manager but it just deleted my BBM altogether. When i go to blackberry.com and do the update device software option will it just install my BBM back??