I need help on downgrading my pearl which is currently at 4.5 back down to ... RIM Handheld OS forum

morpheusprime no está en línea Stack level 2

Need help on downgrading a 8100

Advertisement

I need help on downgrading my pearl which is currently at 4.5 back down to 4.2.67.
    I have followed the guides from here and from other sites as well.

The steps that I've done are

1: Delete the current OS
    2: Install 4.2.67
    3: Delete the vendor.xml file
    4: Go into the app loader and install 4.2

After I've done all of this. It will still automatically install 4.5. But I don't want 4.5 anymore. I need 4.2 installed. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong in the process?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try deleting 4.5 OS rebooting your PC then installing 4.2 then run Dm and see if that works. If not come back and I am sure someone with more know how than myself can help you more. Happened to me and took me a few trys to get it to go but this is where I would start. You might also try a reset of your BB as well. Sorry that slipped my mind.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 09-24-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: add-on

Thanks for that. I haven't rebooted my computer after I deleted my current OS.

kjp
    kjp no está en línea Stack level 1
    i am in the same position but get a different error.

when i try to install 4.2 on my 8830, the apploader startes and when the software tries to enter the boot rom on the phone, the phone goes black and the red light stays on.. i have to then hard reset the phone. i tried it many times, but same exact error.

any ideas.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by kjp View Post
    i am in the same position but get a different error.

when i try to install 4.2 on my 8830, the apploader startes and when the software tries to enter the boot rom on the phone, the phone goes black and the red light stays on.. i have to then hard reset the phone. i tried it many times, but same exact error.

any ideas.
    Maybe someone who is more of a veteran here might have some ideas. I am still pretty new and only good on the easier fixes. But someone I am sure will have your answer or if I run across it I will let you know.

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    Go into windows control panel, uninstall the blackberry 4.5 OS as well as the blackberry desktop. Go into my computer\c drive\common files delete any rim folders. Restart computer, this will bring your computer to a state that knows nothing about blackberry. Now install the 4.2 Desktop program as well as the 4.2 device software that came with your phone or you downloaded from your carrier's website. Plug your phone into the usb port start blackberry desktop manager.

Good luck!
    Dont sweat the small stuff, hell dont sweat anything!

Quote Originally Posted by lacroixn View Post
    Go into windows control panel, uninstall the blackberry 4.5 OS as well as the blackberry desktop. Go into my computer\c drive\common files delete any rim folders. Restart computer, this will bring your computer to a state that knows nothing about blackberry. Now install the 4.2 Desktop program as well as the 4.2 device software that came with your phone or you downloaded from your carrier's website. Plug your phone into the usb port start blackberry desktop manager.

Good luck!

Thanks for that well in depth info. That is exactly what I've been trying to find.