Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so, I did my weekly back-up yesterday, and I changed my theme to the ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Optimus Prime no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D79240

Question Mysterious happenings! BlackBerry in distress! RIM, You've got some splainin' to do!!

Advertisement

Ok, so, I did my weekly back-up yesterday, and I changed my theme to the test version of the (RED) theme (from desktop manager). Theme wasn't right, so I deleted it, and made some changes to a memopad document. Then backed-up again. I switched to my normal Vista theme, and I noticed my home screen icons were not right. I didn't know what was wrong, so I scrolled all the way down and then up. I realized that 2 of the 4 icons for email accounts on my bb were missing. The msgs were still on it, but the icon for that specific email was gone.

After a couple of minutes the in/out arrows in the right hand corner showed up and the icons showed up. Strange!!! Is our stuff somewhere at RIM? on a server maybe? Possible to be hacked the same way YOU KNOW WHOS (El Stupido) Sidekick II (Ewww... goosebumps... stupid toy!) got hacked?

A couple of days before, a couple of people on my bb msngr said they had problems with their bb msngr contact list. One person said that after my name was the state that I live in. WI. I didn't put that. He also said other things that I can't remember. I have also seen problems with peoples name in the bb msngr contact list vs. the actual conversation. i.e., their name in the contact list one thing, in the convo another one, and when they left it something else. This only happened for people who changed their name during the convo I guess.

Now, today! When I type a bb msngr msg, it shows up twice, as if someone else with my same name did it at the same time. My msg is blue, then the copy is red. Thats normal, but just to let people know I didn't send the msg twice or anything.

PIN/ID
    23D79240

Re: Mysterious happenings! BlackBerry in distress! RIM, You've got some splainin' to do!!

And one other thing. A guy on my contact list has the "is typing a messsege" icon next to his name. No convo with him. Not even a group one.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Mysterious happenings! BlackBerry in distress! RIM, You've got some splainin' to do!!

There's a (hopefully) easy fix for this behavior. Back up your info once more in addition to your weekly backups. Then wipe and install the newest 8700g OS. Restore the backup and see what happens.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

delete and readd the dood on your bbm list, or send him a message. it will go away.

as for the theme switching and icons coming and going, i've noticed that recently with switching back and forth...the icons/service books come back. im not sure of the why (i think its just a slow change, because all themes are different)

::edit:: and a battery pull will fix bbm overload...no need to update any OS just yet.

PIN/ID
    23D79240

Thanks. I'll see what happens.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

i noticed that too with my email icons> my yahoo will disappear but in amin or two it comes back..strangee...there are spirits out there more powerful than we imagined lol
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

PIN/ID
    23D79240

Re: Mysterious happenings! BlackBerry in distress! RIM, You've got some splainin' to

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    i noticed that too with my email icons> my yahoo will disappear but in amin or two it comes back..strangee...there are spirits out there more powerful than we imagined lol
    Lol. The 5xxx series BB's are coming back to haunt us. Lol

haha think we may have pissed them off when we threw them in incenerator

PIN/ID
    23D79240

Lol. If they hate us now, wait for the 9xxx. Lol

haha might as well start building some underground bunkers to hide in

PIN/ID
    23D79240

Way ahead of you. Lol

heck i'm already in mine

PIN/ID
    23D79240

What? Hey, no fair. Oh, wait, I am the bunker. Lol

lol is that what in right now..hey down here

PIN/ID
    23D79240

Lol. I thought this was the stacks? We're sending comments back and fourth. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast