I am a moron? Am I alone? I have thrice seen the message, "browser cannot ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5

Lightbulb Missing net.rim.blackberry.xml

I am a moron? Am I alone?

I have thrice seen the message, "browser cannot be installed, missing net.rim.blackberry.xml"

Finally I figured out why.... I AM A MORON!!

After reading thread after thread about this it became clear that most people see this after EDITING the blackberry.alx file!! So, I went to my blackberry.alx file (rather my wife's as it is her BB I screwed up <ducking>) and found that I had erased all the vendor id's but MORONICALLY left the "_vendorid" in the code..... DUH!

One typo... One misplaced ">" and the above error will be returned by Desktop Manager.

Solution 1 - Go back through the blackberry.alx file and find the offending line(s) of code.

Solution 2 (Do this in the first place unless you are a moron) Keep a clean copy of blackberry.alx in case you get the above message. When you get the above message, put this file back in the /program files/common files/research in motion/shared/apploader/whatever os folder.

Too easy..... That is unless, like me, you are a moron!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    good info man!!
    I'm sure that will come in handy!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

jrompf no está en línea Stack level 1
    The application
    "Browser" cannot be loaded because it requires the following applications that are
    not available: net.rim.blackberry.xml.

you made an error editing your Blackberry.alx file

MrX no está en línea Stack level 3
    It seems you also get this error when you replace a vendor code instead of add another to the codes that are I just found out. Guess thats what happens when you get