Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, Is there a way to make each configured email address on my RIM ... RIM Handheld OS forum

wonko no está en línea Stack level 1

"Messages" Icon

Advertisement

Hi all,
    Is there a way to make each configured email address on my RIM 7290 display in a seperate icon, rather than all going to "Messages"?

I have one Coprorate email address and one "personal" email address confirured. There is a seperate Icon for the "personal" email address, however the Corporate email address shows up only in the general "Messages" Icon. The "personal" email also shows up in this icon. Is there a way to seperate them completely?

I am using Desktop manager 4.1.0.8 and The RIM device has version 4.1.0.292 (i think).

Thanks.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: "Messages" Icon

Quote Originally Posted by wonko
    Hi all,
    Is there a way to make each configured email address on my RIM 7290 display in a seperate icon, rather than all going to "Messages"?

I have one Coprorate email address and one "personal" email address confirured. There is a seperate Icon for the "personal" email address, however the Corporate email address shows up only in the general "Messages" Icon. The "personal" email also shows up in this icon. Is there a way to seperate them completely?

I am using Desktop manager 4.1.0.8 and The RIM device has version 4.1.0.292 (i think).

Thanks.
    Are you using a BES for your corporate email and a BIS account for the personal email? Or are all accounts configured on a BIS account? To my knowledge, unless someone else corrects me, your BES email would go directly to your messages folder. There would be no separate folder for the corporate email.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

All messages, BES and BIS, go to the "Messages" inbox.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Erica you are correct all messages go to the Messages inbox. I believe he wanted them in a separate folder as well. Example, I have 5 email accounts going to the BB all 5 go into the Messages folder but also have their own separate inbox as well.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I don't think there is a way to have them only show up in a different folder.

rokr no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Re: "Messages" Icon

yea i have 3 different emails.. the go into their individual folders but all still go into the main message folder.. whih doesnt make much sense.. no point in having the diffs folders.. .. hope someone has a solution.. srry bro
    Hello im a Mac...

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by rokr
    yea i have 3 different emails.. the go into their individual folders but all still go into the main message folder.. whih doesnt make much sense.. no point in having the diffs folders.. .. hope someone has a solution.. srry bro
    So true that's how it works, that's why I just hide all the individual icons and display the messages icon cause all the messages go their as well anyway.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Just think of the individual account icons as an icon to your message app with a pre-set filter that only lists the emails for that account, makes it easier to understand what is happening. All messages go into the message apps list, emails, pins, SMS and Notifications. You can have filters and assign shortcuts to activate them within the message app. The individual icons are just shortcuts from the home screen to a filter for all email sent to that address.

Hope this helps someone.
    Rcbjr

rokr no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey rcbjr.. Thanks for the info.. I just wished there was a way for emails not to show up in messages.. But o well.. U kno how u can pick the option of ur saved messages not to show in the main messages anymore.. Is there a RIM suggestion box we can put all these ideas into.. Lol
    Hello im a Mac...

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Quote Originally Posted by rokr

I too think its goofy stupid to allow different folders for email addresses, but all still dump in your in the main message folder, and if you delete the message within your main message folder, what ever is in the individual folder goes bye bye...Thats annoying......

Was hoping someone too can give a logical answer for this one.....aaarrgghh !:cry:

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Read my post again. These are just shortcuts to filters in your message apps, not separate folders. For the most part, folders went away in BIS 2.0.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

I do get them all in my messages in the Messages box. The personal email (from an IMAP server) has it's own folder in addition, which I like.

I use BES with the corproate email. I would like it to have it's own folder in addition to going to the Messages folder.

I see that some of you do have seperate Icons, and filters doing this. How do I reate an Icon to set the filter up?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The problem is that the BES mail only goes to the Messages Apps list. I think you could set a filter (under the search option in the Mess. App) for Services BES and when you save the filter, set a short cut key so that when you go to the Mess. App all you have to do is use the short cut to limit the list to those that come from BES. Doesn't do all you want but is will show only the BES email

Hope this Helps.
    Rcbjr

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    The problem is that the BES mail only goes to the Messages Apps list. I think you could set a filter (under the search option in the Mess. App) for Services BES and when you save the filter, set a short cut key so that when you go to the Mess. App all you have to do is use the short cut to limit the list to those that come from BES. Doesn't do all you want but is will show only the BES email

Hope this Helps.
    Rcbjr

This does help, thank you. Maybe I've got something else set up wrong.. It tells me that the services I have are "Desktop" and the personal email, even though I'm reciving email without the need for a redirector.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I am on BIS, that is how I have differnt folders for emails (an entire line of just email folder icons!).

Anyways, I think the way that was done was by Tmobile upgrading their BIS service, but I am not 100% sure...

As for BES, couldn't tell ya...I don't use it and have no desire to so I am not too knowledged on that end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast