Does anyone know what the ap called Messages Handler is? It is showing up when ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Messages Handler

Advertisement

Does anyone know what the ap called Messages Handler is? It is showing up when I do an alt+"Back". Never noticed it or heard of it before, but it freezes my BB every time I try to select it...I have GMail, Yahoo Go, a couple of productivity aps, but nothing else,

Anyone ever seen this, what the hell is it?

Thanks for your help,
    ajm

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Messages Handler

This "message handler" can relate to applications needing access to the internet and some serious bandwidth - obviously it gets mad when you don't give it the internet access it needs. I'm assuming that you have to do a battery pull when your bb locks down?

What apps are loaded on your 8700? Efile?

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

GA, you got it on the money, I started snooping through my modules and when I saw dyno's "mail handler," I got a little suspicious. Uninstalled that thing, and it's gone.

Could you explain why DynoPlex's efile needs access to the web? Also, that program sure takes up a lot of memory, huh?

thanks for your help,
    ajm

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

I would go to the dynoplex website and click on support. Given all that the efile can do for you, I'm not surprised on the amount of memory it uses.

Hope the website helps; if not let me know and I'll dig a little deeper.

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

I have a "messages handler" also on my 8300 which freezes when i click it in the switch applications box. I never had it though until I updated my OS version just today. Fishy.