Hi there, Got a couple of important questions:- 1. How to restrict the size of ... RIM Handheld OS forum

anilt no está en línea Stack level 1

MESSAGE SIZE

Advertisement

Hi there,

Got a couple of important questions:-

1. How to restrict the size of messages coming onto my handheld...? Do I have to put a message rule on my blackberry website ? Does my PC have to remain on for this ?

2. I am considering getting the 7130, so I can use it for both the phone and e-mail functions ? Is this a good idea?
    Also, can I stop e-mails being sent to my handheld at any time, thereby making this only able to receive calls or sms ? This is for when I am already in front of my PC and wouldn't require the handheld to download my mails.

3. About how many e-mails is 5MB worth of memory...?

Thanks
    Andy

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: MESSAGE SIZE

Welcome to Pinstack! I'm not sure that you can restrict the size of emails that come to your phone but you can control what email accounts you setup to come to your phone. Your pc does not have to remain on to receive emails to your BB. Using your BB for phone and email is a great idea the BB is known for it's reliability in delivering mail to you on the go. Yes you can stop emails from coming to you at anytime by simply deleting email accounts from your BIS. As far as the 5mb of memory are you concerned about data usage? Will you have 5MB of data on your plan? If you plan to use the internet and receive emails you could possibly use 5mb of data pretty quickly. Each time an email is delivered to your account that is considered data usage. If you have email accounts that receive a lot of mail daily and the emails are large in size you may not want to set that email account up on your BIS to receive them via your BB. Well, I hope some information I supplied is helpful to you. Once again welcome to Pinstack!

I will do a little research for you as far as filters available via BIS for your emails. Will you be on BIS or BES?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

anilt, Welcome to PinStack
    Hope msbrenda answered your questions.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I did a little research and on BIS there is a filter that will allow you to stop email from being delivered to your handheld without having to delete the email account. When you want to receive emails from that account again you simply go to the filter and enable delivery of email to the BB again. I was unable to do this via my BB but had to sign into my account via my laptop to access filters for the email accounts.

parrie no está en línea Stack level 2

Welcome to PinStack. In answer to your second question, I assume that you are considering a 7130 vs. an 8700 for phone and email. I manage a hundred Blackberry users and most of them prefer the full keyboard that the 8700 has vs. the condensed keyboard and SureType of the 7130 for email. However, when it comes to using it as a phone, they prefer the 7130 (or 7100) because it feels more like a phone. The biggest problem that my users experience is because the 8700 is flat and wide, they really can't find the sweet spot of where to place it next to their ear to hear the phone call. Of course, the speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset remedies the problem. So, I guess it all comes down to your personal preference.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

they only way i know of is to go into messeges/options/general options and change auto more to "NO" this way only like the first so amny kb will download unless you choose for more to dl
    Welcome to my World!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Welcome to Pinstack.

anilt no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys,
    thanks for the tips.
    i will be using BIS, and if i could filter messages that would be great as then i could limit the msgs that come to the handheld.
    it would be great if the blackberry website allowed me to temporarily stop mails being sent to the handheld, whilst i am in front of my pc, so as to not use up that data usage...
    thanks everybody.
    anilt

twj332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    whoknows

Question header only how do I get the body of the email

I'm on BIS and I have added a filter for my email to only accept or send the header information to my BB.
    Header only: Select this check box to forward only the subject of the email message to your device. You can download the content of the email message after you open it.
    I read that I can then decide if I want the rest of the email.

Can some one explain to me how to do this. I have several eamils with content that I want to see and I can't seem to get the rest of the email

Note: if the email has an attachement I have option to download but any text content is not available as far as I can see.

I am sure the explaination is simple, like me.

Thanks
    PBr4.1.0 rel518 PL2.2.0.171 A4.1.0.373 on Tbaytel network with fast 100