Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

i jsut downloaded the .exe file from tmobile for 4.5 for my pearl. but what ... RIM Handheld OS forum

samrozzi no está en línea Stack level 2

major help with updating

Advertisement

i jsut downloaded the .exe file from tmobile for 4.5 for my pearl. but what do i do with it? i have looked ALL over and cant find it. thanks

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

look in...

Look in:
    My computer/ my recent documents. It should show up as recently downloaded files. Other than that I'm useless to you.... However, there are a lot of stackers that are way smarter than I who can help you. They're pretty quick too.
    Quote Originally Posted by samrozzi View Post
    i jsut downloaded the .exe file from tmobile for 4.5 for my pearl. but what do i do with it? i have looked ALL over and cant find it. thanks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just go to menu/search and search newly added files

yeah sorry. dont see it at all :/

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    Instructions are all over the place, I think you want to know how to upgrade your OS?

Upgrading your Blackberry smartphone to 4.5 OS...

Follow these instructions exactly and you should be able to have OS 4.x working.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) If you haven't already, download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded. If you are downloading the OS specific for your carrier you can skip step 5. I other words if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an At&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-At&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).

8) When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.

9) If you didn't backup first you should select to do so now.

10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Of course, Pinstack.com can't take responsibility for any problems that may occur. You can use our support forums if you get stuck.

Copied from the sticky...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks Naylor but the question was where do find the downloaded OS on pc to run it. A little ahead of the game.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Just go to menu/search and search newly added files
    I told ya' these guys are good!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    sam if nothing else go back and start to download it again and see where it sends your downloads by default. Once you see cancel and don't redownload just follow the path to the folder.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok now you have it do you know where to go with. Or would you like a walk through. First things first click on it and install. OOPS jason confussed me. Thought sam had said it was found.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    Ah, I understand the post now, this part confused me "but what do i do with it?" I thought he knew where it was.

If you use FireFox just go to the download page and it should still be on the list, but since I don't know what you use, I would use search for an easy way to find anything.

ok i d/l it and i cannot find it. it doesnt give me a download destination or anything.

is it the file in the

mycomputer-cdrive-prog files-common files-research in motion-AppLoader?

I see alot of stuff in there

anyone?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am sorta at a loss. I would suggest trying to redownload and when the download window pops up uncheck close when finished. Then when it finishes you can just select open folder or run.

well when i click on the .exe file to d/l it goes through all these steps. i cant choose a destination or anything. and when its done it just asks to close or open desktop manager.

maybe i have the wrong file? can someone maybe find me the right OS for a blackberry pearl 8120 for t-mobile?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You sure it wasn't installed?

Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features on Vista). Look for BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.

If it's there, it installed, if not do what Cowboy recommeneds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast