Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by NADight I believe the official RIM fix for this problem is to ... RIM Handheld OS forum

bimmian no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Lost My Browser???

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by NADight
    I believe the official RIM fix for this problem is to DISABLE content protection in Options/Security/General Settings
    This is what my carrier told me to do as well, it made no difference to me.

Deleting the service books usually works for me.

But every once in a while they will push down new service books, and i run into the same problem.

memphis442 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NADight
    I believe the official RIM fix for this problem is to DISABLE content protection in Options/Security/General Settings
    This solution worked for me, had to reboot after disabling content protection. The bootup error "uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalstateexception" went away, and the browser works again.

Thanks guys!

keithle06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmian
    Feeling pretty frustrated right now.
    After searching i found 2 threads, this and one on another forum. I have tried everything on both forums including all suggestions above. i still have the same problem.

Essentially the problem is that I have no browser icons. I dont really know when they disappeared, sometime yesterday i think.

I also noticed yesterday that i had yahoo messenger and google messenger installed on my machine without requesting it. I hid the yahoo and kept google, but now neither is visible.
    i alt wheel clicked to show all icons, and only "enterprise activation" came back.

I tried taking the battery out for 5 min, sending service books, and requesting registration, but it didnt work either.

I am on the ROGERS network running an unlocked 8700c which has been perfect since day 1. (yes, 8700c cingular device).

I get an error on boot up: uncaught exception java.lang.illegalstateexception

thanks in advance

the only thing i know that has helped me with anything like that is re-installing the latest software... then a system restore.. then resending service books

ronsta5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi guys can anyone help! Just gt a BB 7230 but it had no OS so i download the tmobile carrier software v4.0 and ran it via Desktop Manager. Everything seems to be fine but i have no Internet Browser. It appears in when in the Loader files but doesnt appear on the phone! The t-mobile tzones just sends sms messages when you use it.. Ive tried wiping and using another OS carrier but no luck...Help!!!

tchen no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by keithle06
    the only thing i know that has helped me with anything like that is re-installing the latest software... then a system restore.. then resending service books
    I've tried that as well, and it works fine right after the system restore. However once I restart the RIM, same problem occurred. I need help please!!!!
    Last edited by tchen; 01-09-2007 at 05:01 PM.

samluthra no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2501BE9B

Hi Erica,
    Getting the same error. The browser buttons are there but when i click on them nothing happens ..need a help.. cheers sam

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try a Try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in).

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tlazzari no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi everyone! I just bought a BB 7730 and it has no browser... I did the register now option and nothing has happened. I am a newb at this! Please help me get online!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

tlazzari, Welcome to PinStack.

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan activated on your phone account? Have you set up your BIS account? What indications do you have at the top of your Home screen? Do you see Data Connection Refused?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

doch no está en línea Stack level 1

hi, everybody, does anyone knows how to install pictures that i have on my pc to my BB 8700g?
    thanks,
    doch

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

doch welcome to pinstack
    i think with the 8700 you would have to email them to yourself...
    someone will likely correct me if i'm wrong

Infinitymach no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30BEC5B6

To all on this board who as always are the pioneers for dissecting the many bugs in our BB's... Thanks a million. I took the chance to download the lastest version for the 7100i nextel, and to be blunt... it was pure (#)ell ! i've been working with this phone for a couple of weeks without the use of my internet(default) browser and if it wasnt for "Opera Mini" i dont know what amount of hair i would have lossed. Today i decided to solve the problem by simple googling and ending up on a board that i am a member on(dumb me). And the answer was right here amonst the experts. I am feeling Great but i know i owe those who went through this mess and found the bug to it and spread the news. So again...Thanks team. Now i can put the "Blackberry Hack" book back in the Den... couldnt come near what yall did.

Infinitymach no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30BEC5B6

And for the Record, i have the 7100(i) by Nextel. In order for me to rid the phone of "uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalstateexception" error, i dis-abled content protection(settings/ options/ security options/ general settings/ content protection(change from enabled ...to disabled). Then do a hard re-boot(without turning power/ phone off...take the batter out and let rest for a minute or two). Put back in and in some cases like mine, the phone automatically registers itself. So there u should see the change.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Thanks for sharin!!!!!
    you just helped someone else
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

plion3 no está en línea Stack level 1

wheww.....

thank god for pinstack...

this thread saved my sanity!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast