Results 1 to 7 of 7

I upgraded to .52 from 4.2.xx and when I went into Viigo my channels were ... RIM Handheld OS forum

  1. #1
    deljustdel's Avatar
    deljustdel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    47

    lost all my saved articles on Viigo after upgrading to .52

    Advertisement



    I upgraded to .52 from 4.2.xx and when I went into Viigo my channels were all there but all my saved articles are gone now anyone know how I can get them back

  2. #2
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    You can't......unfortunately

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  3. #3
    webcash's Avatar
    webcash no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    2523669d
    Posts
    62
    That to me is where google reader or other alternatives are better.I loved Viigo when i tried it but there is no synchronisation or saving to desktop so you are relying on the one piece of software.We all know software isnt perfect and errors can happpen never mind losing the phone or whatever.

    Sorry i couldnt be more help and no i wasnt dissing Viigo applies to all stand alone rss readers

    Peter
    Home of the Berrygirls
    News chat and Berrygirls Galore

  4. #4
    javatyger's Avatar
    javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Posts
    645
    Yeah I made a request with the beta that they start saving articles to the server(or at least by some other method) so we don't loose them when upgrading or re-installing. Especially when re-installing - it should see we have saved articles and keep them when doing the upgrade.
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

  5. #5
    bsjmcconnell's Avatar
    bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Yeah I made a request with the beta that they start saving articles to the server(or at least by some other method) so we don't loose them when upgrading or re-installing. Especially when re-installing - it should see we have saved articles and keep them when doing the upgrade.
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

    you have the option inside of Viigo to save any article to del.icio.us. thats what i do then i have access to anything that i had saved from any PC or BB, just have to log into it.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes


  6. #6
    javatyger's Avatar
    javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    you have the option inside of Viigo to save any article to del.icio.us. thats what i do then i have access to anything that i had saved from any PC or BB, just have to log into it.
    True enough. I just feel that you shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party programs to take care of something that should be a standard feature. If you save an article, it should be saved. ;-)

  7. #7
    bsjmcconnell's Avatar
    bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    True enough. I just feel that you shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party programs to take care of something that should be a standard feature. If you save an article, it should be saved. ;-)
    I agree, it would be alot quicker and easier.....hopefully the will add it to the final release.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •