The removal of the lock/unlock menu in OS 4.2 is a real disappointment! For those ... RIM Handheld OS forum

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Question Lock/Unlock menu gone in OS 4.2 - HELP!!

Advertisement

The removal of the lock/unlock menu in OS 4.2 is a real disappointment!

For those of you who do not have a password enabled on your device, the only way to unlock it would be to press the * + [call] key combination. While that is all just fine, in previous versions of the RIM OS dating back to atleast 3.6, if the device was locked, you could select 'Unlock' from the lock menu and it would actually unlock the device.

RIM's reasoning behind this feature change is that people could possibly unlock the device by accident. I don't believe I have ever unlocked the device by accident in the past, and I'm not sure of anyone else who has done so, either. Ridiculous reason in my book!

I don't see the point in selecting Unlock from the menu and it not unlocking the device. It's rather misleading, to be honest. If you have a password enabled, selecting Unlock from the menu prompts for your password then unlocks the device. Why not the same for those of us who don't have a password enabled?

If you haven't noticed this yet, lock your device and then move your clickwheel/trackball around or press a key.

If anyone from RIM is reading this or if anyone has a connection to someone at RIM - PLEASE bring the feature back.

Any thoughts or work-a-rounds?
    Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it

Gadget_Guy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251F6CEF

Re: Lock/Unlock menu gone in OS 4.2 - HELP!!

I would LOVE to have this fixed.

This is my #1 annoyance with going to 4.2

I am very close to reverting back just because of this.

D.

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Post Re: Lock/Unlock menu gone in OS 4.2 - HELP!!

I'm SO with you gadget guy (great username by the way)...it's driving me nuts!!
    Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it